The T-bird is done and left yesterday.

Current tally:
'62 Impala - DONE! Sold.
'55 Chevy - DONE!
'69 Boss 429 - CANCELLED.
'57 Thunderbird - DONE! For sale.
'68 Roadrunner - Pending
'66 Cobra - Pending

Not sure which car is next. In the meantime I'm gearing up for the next big project. I'll be doing an LT1 Swap in my brother's '36 Ford pickup. Ordered a bunch of parts, picked up the engine and transmission, pressure washed everything. Thread here viewtopic.php?f=61&t=39047 . Stay tuned.
002-62.jpg

My wife LOVES her Neon. It's been totaled 3 times and brought back from the dead. The most recent was an SUV backing into the left quarter in a parking lot. After the dust settled we got a check just big enough to persuade my brother to repaint the whole car. It had been spotted in so many times in the past that it looked horrible and the only way to set it right was to shoot the whole car at once. I misplaced my camera for all the before stuff. Here it is this morning after being painted yesterday. Mmmm, fresh flame red. Time for me to start putting it back together.
003-56.jpg

001-76.jpg

I gutted the interior so I could pressure wash the carpet and scrub it with Tide. It's a trick I learned when I worked at a detail shop 20 years ago. Updates to follow.
002-66.jpg

004-42.jpg

Mostly back together.
004-43.jpg

003-57.jpg

The clean carpet and interior back in. Added some seat covers and heavy duty mats for protection.
011-7.jpg

012-7.jpg

You'll see a gauge cluster with a factory tach. I added that a couple years ago. I've been collecting upgrade parts at the yard when I see stuff I like. You may have noticed the "power bulge" hood. That's a fresh addition too. I always liked the look of the Sport edition with the gray door trim and bumper detail. Here's the bumper covers as of right now before a good scrub and gray paint. They are textured and molded in red plastic rather than painted.
001-77.jpg

I've also been sitting on this piece for a while too. These racks weren't really common back in the day and you rarely see them now. Thinking I'll toss it on top after a good cleaning. More to come later.
002-67.jpg

I know...girl logic. $3000 worth of work on a $600 car :lol: . Actually, it's been a really good car. We got it with about 20K on it back in '97. When it was time for the 90K service I spent a couple extra hours and replaced the head gasket since it had the famous oil galley seep. It has over 200K on it now and still has the original rear brakes, fuel pump, starter, radiator, and clutch. Finally lost the OG alternator 2 weeks ago. All I've done is regular oil changes, Tbelts and tune-ups. Still gets better than 40mpg and has never been on a tow hook. My daughter starts driving in about 2 years so we plan on keeping it for her. Wife's been hinting at a Lexus so I'd better start saving.

002-68.jpg

001-78.jpg

Gray trim, license plate holder, wipers and roof rack on. It's now 98% done. Still have the black trim right above the side windows to repaint black. The cat has been rattling for about 4 years now. I parted out a Volvo with a brand new one a few months ago so I'll see if I can make it fit. It'll be nice not to hear that in the drive-thru. I'll be keeping an eye out for some factory alloy wheels for the finishing touch. Time to jump into the '36 pickup for my brother. Watch for progress in that thread.

I wish i had a third of the room to work on cars that you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor