PS pump whine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Well, I bought this car cheaply just to drive my Grandson to school. But being a 5 speed I kind of got attached to it. The only major thing I have done was to replace the AC system completely. It has had a lifter tap all along that I have mostly ignored but I want to put a real oil pressure gauge on it just to see what is what. If the pressure is low that complicates things. A rebuilt rack unit is around $100 so it's not the end of the world.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm surprised the rack is that affordable. I hope it not as bad as the power steering pump to change...too bad a few of us weren't closer to help you out with the car and your beer..

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My little sister had a 93 Lumina Z34 for her first car. It had the 3.4L DOHC in it. Hardest to work on car I've ever worked on. To do anything you just had to start pulling stuff out. I pulled the rear head on that motor because the previous owner had got it hot and it had dropped an exhaust valve seat. To replace the alternator you had to separate the passenger side lower balljoint and pull the passenger drive axle. Even then it was buried. I did a lot of good work on that car when I was young but to some extent it used me up. I've sworn off those knuckle buster front wheel drive cars. Other than classic cars or my GMC, my dad's GMC or my brother's GMC, I just don't work on them anymore. If it doesn't have a V8 and rear wheel drive, you'll be hard pressed to get me to work on it. I totally feel your pain on going through all of the work to replace that ps pump only to have it keep whining. I am impressed with your ingenuity with the modified top and the vacuum pump. If you replace the rack and hoses I hope that works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor