Put my new Dakota Digital VHX gauges in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I installed my new gauges this weekend. I had to retrofit the 84 Regal gauges from Dakota Digital so they would work in my 79 Regal. I was able to tuck everything away for a nice clean look. Turned out great!

Attachments

• VHX1.jpg
    VHX1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 2,567
  • VHX3.jpg
    VHX3.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 2,634
  • VHX4.jpg
    VHX4.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 3,870
Reactions: 1 user

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Looks good. Very clean.

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
bigmandengo said:
Where did you relocate the wiper switch? What parts did you use from an 84-87 regal?

I used my headlight switch in the headlight switch location on the new bezel because I didn't have the new dimmer knob. Since I didn't have the dimmer knob, I moved my wiper switch to that location. That spot is like it was made for the slide style wiper switch. I'm going to make a filler panel for the panel on the bezel that has the rear defog switch since I don't have rear defog.

I took the black housing (that has the mounting spots for the gauge cluster) from an 85 Regal. That uses 6 of the 7 mounting holes that are the the housing for my car. I had to do a little trimming to make my switches fit where I needed to move them, but other than that it was pretty simple. Then I just slapped the new gauges on to the housing and used the 85 Regal bezel (after, of course, some wiring and double checking). I plan on putting some more pictures on here to show the process.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Totally not what I was picturing it looks AWESOME!

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
I was picturing the digital gauges, but those look good too. How much? And where did you get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor