Putting in new transmission , any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
And make sure the converter is fully on the pump before bolting up the bell housing if nobody mentioned that

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Use the linkage off of the Metric. I had to and it worked perfectly.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
and if I may add before you pull your distributor pop the cap off and bump it over until the pointer on the rotor is directed at the firewall. This will give you a reference point to shoot for when dropping it back in place.

Don't forget something to soak up all the trans fluid you will inevitably leak on to the shop floor. No matter how careful I have been it always leaks out of the trans lines ( or somewhere else ) before I can get a loop of rubber hose clamped on to it !

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Use that cheapo 2$ cat litter. Works like a charm.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I wouldn't pull the distributor. I would only pull the cap.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GeoR

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2016
New England
You talking wrx/sti swaps? I helped a friend do an sti swap on a forester. Almost did one on my old rs but ended up getting an 04sti when they first came out.
Nah the Subarus were all at work helping out with warranty work , the only "swap" I've done was to my Dakota put a nv3500 from an auto ( R.I.P ) miss that truck

GeoR

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2016
New England
image.jpeg
Progress report:
Took out speedometer cable , shift linkage, electrical thingy ( forgot the actual name) , drive shaft , torque converter Bolts catalytic converter bracket and crossmember etc...

So far so good besides a few rusty bolts and some bracket I sliced my finger on .

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
img_3865-1-jpg.54176

If this is the trans you are using it isn't a th350. That appears to be a th2004r by the lack of a removable tail piece and the long Nevada looking pan. Be sure to get the tv cable installed and adjusted correctly if you want it to live.
tvmadeez.com

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor