Putting together a 7.5 rear with GN axles-which C clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usetaboost

Apprentice
May 1, 2009
sioux city, iowa
Using a GM auburn center section with the 5 spring and stock 28 spline GN axles. Everything went together perfectly but I cannot locate C clips to fit inside the center section. I tried some stock GN clips but the outside diameter is too large to fit inside the carrier. Been chasing my tail for 2 weeks. I'm sure someone out there has used this combo of parts. Thanks for the help.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
when we redid the 7.625 rearend with the Zexel torsen lsd and GN 28 spline axles I had that same problem! I ended up grinding down the c clips a bit till they fit.

usetaboost

Apprentice
May 1, 2009
sioux city, iowa
Did you grind the inside or outside? sh*t just doesn't make any sense. I've tried 2 different sets of axle clips. Even the ones listed for the vehicle that the carrier came out of which is obviously a 28 spline. WTF

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
oh well damn I grinded it because it was too thick to slide into the c clip groove

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
take your time and a little at atime

usetaboost

Apprentice
May 1, 2009
sioux city, iowa
what about using the C clips from the 7 5/8 Monte rear end

I can't find a part number for them. Oreillys sells c clips but they won't fit the carrier. I'd like to eliminate them but money is super tight right now and will be for a few months. I just need to get it together for now. Eliminating the c clips will eventually happen for both cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor