pypes exhaust question

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Back again, exhaust this time. I got the pypes race pro 2.5" header back system with x pipe and ss style tails, and hooker super comps. Also I got a G force. Well my problem is my header, I beleve pypes calls them collector extensions are aprox 4-5 inchs short of my collectors and about 2inchs wide on each side. I know I could cut the bent pipes that go to the front of the x pipe to remady the width problam but what about the length? I don't really wanna go to a parts store and buy a piece of regular pipe since stainless was kinda the deciding factor in buying this. What can I do guys?

sorry, guess that sounded kinda dumb :lol: what I ment was, does pypes (or anyone else) make pre-made pipes, longer then the ones they supplyed me with to remady this? Has anyone else had this same problem?

I had almost the same set up and ended up buying an extra length of pipe. I plan on replacing that whole section later with a one piece custom bent section.

for the length issue you either need a section of pipe or pypes sells some really nice looking (and expensive) extended collectors. for the width i'd actually try and bend the headers inward. i did it on mine using a tow strap overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor