Q jet Rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Save the secondary rods they are the same for all. That is how you accumulate parts. I can't use Chevy Q-jets so I strip them for all the parts and toss the Chevy float bowl. That way you will have an assortment of jets and metering rods for customizing your own. Once you see how to work on these they are very adaptable to any engine you can build.
I have a question about something else I noticed while working on my car. The bolt that holds the power steering resevoir keeps getting loose and belt looses tension. I threw on a wide washer and lock washer hoping that will do the trick. And the alternator adjustment bolt....belt is kinda loose. (Not squealing yet) but that long bolt you adjust to tighten it has no more room for adjustment... is there some other tricks you guys use to "set it and forget it" ?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Ken might give you something for that 442 carb on trade in, they are calibrated different than the regular 307Y carb.

Barry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 22, 2016
I have a qjet that came off a 76 olds 455. Think it's 800cfm. Can't find anyone to rebuild them where I'm at. I have never rebuilt 1 before. What will happen if I put it together wrong and try to start the car?
I have a QuadraJet on my 454 that was built by Mountainman Carbs in AR. It has performed flawlessly for over 3 years. Many of the folks in the El Camino community who don't rebuild their own swear by this guy, including me.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor