Status
Not open for further replies.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Chevytruc1658 said:
It does very much, thank you. How much lower does UMI front end suspension products effect the stock height in the vehicle?

Glad I could help.

The height of the vehicle will be changed by the springs you choose, our suspension items won't change the vehicle height but are designed to work with lowered applications.

I hope that helps!
Ryan

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I can vouch for the Roto joints and they work real well with getting rid of a the bind in a 4 link system. They also give you a much stronger set up since is there is no flexing of the uppers as there is with the stock uppers. The stock uppers can't be boxed or that just aggregates the binding problem so a joint, whether roto or spherical is the only option.

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
What coil-over would you suggest for a stock or slightly lowered front end height? Sorry for all the questions, when it comes to suspensions, I am completely clueless.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Chevytruc1658 said:
What coil-over would you suggest for a stock or slightly lowered front end height? Sorry for all the questions, when it comes to suspensions, I am completely clueless.

Hello,

No problem at all, asking questions is how you get good information. The coil over kit is what allows you to adjust the front end height. The coil over kits we offer include an aluminum shock and a spring that sits on the shock, you can then adjust the front end height using this set up. The choice you need to make is spring rate. In the link below it shows the kit we offer, the price includes (2) shocks and (2) springs. At the bottom of the ad there is a list that tells you what spring rate we recommend. Take a look and let me know if you have any other questions.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/i ... cts_id=568

Thanks!
Ryan

Reactions: 1 user

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
Do you offer a discount to us guys here on the forum. Just asking because ive seen that from several different companies in the past.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
docrocket1967 said:
Do you offer a discount to us guys here on the forum. Just asking because ive seen that from several different companies in the past.

We offer a few sales a year but our next sale won't be until mid summer. Because this is the busy season (tax time and spring coming quickly) we don't have any discounts at this time.

If you are looking at one of the handling kits we offer they have built in discounts, up to $200.00 off when buying all items as a kit.

I hope that helps,
Ryan

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
I vouch for umi. They are great with getting back with you and their product build is phenomenal. Once you get them you can really realize how good the quality actually is. They will be honest whether adding that extra part will actually be needed or not as well, not just trying to sell you . I learned a lot from one phone conversation.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and I can add....with one rear upper from UMI had the cap fabricated incorrectly the hole ending up on the upper side of the cap. I drilled a hole so I could install the upper and all it took was a photo of the part and UMI sent me another one. I know some other places would have told me since I drilled a hole in it instead of sending it back that it's my problem but UMI was apologetic that the part had slipped thru.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
UMI is my choice...I have their 12 bolt swap kit in my Monte and couldn't be happier...They are decent people to work with that's for sure

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
Looks like UMI for the win and q1a in a close second. Ill be in touch

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor