Question about swapping out 229 to 350 in my 84' Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2008
I have a 1984 Monte Carlo LS with a computer controlled carb V6 229 engine and have a chevy 350 engine i want to swap into it. This is my first chevy not to familiar with chevy's. Also I want to know how to figure out what kind of transmission is in my car and if it would bolt up to the 350 I got. Any tips on if I need a different torque converter or driveshaft, pretty much any info to help this swap go smoothly. Thanks!!![/b]

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
It's pretty stright forward. Check this out first of all http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=974 , pretty good info, also check out the engine swap forums lotsa good info there too. I just did the swap over the summer in my 87 LS and mine started off as the fuel injected 4.3 with the 200r4 transmission. Anything you can't find in the forums, or aren't sure about feel free to ask. Lotsa good help here. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor