Question About Thermostat Housing for a 1983 Regal W/3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
Has anyone run into a problem finding a thermostat housing/water outlet for the 3.8? Local parts stores list two different ones and neither are what came on my car. The closest part I have found that looks like mine is listed for the 4.3. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Try Rockauto.com or GMpartdirect.com. Local stores don't stock too many parts for older cars anymore and if they do they are often substandard grade. I given up on local stores and forced to get most of my parts online.

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
Clone TIE Pilot said:
Try Rockauto.com or GMpartdirect.com. Local stores don't stock too many parts for older cars anymore and if they do they are often substandard grade. I given up on local stores and forced to get most of my parts online.

Tried Rockauto and a bunch of other places, turns out my car is a 1983 but the Tstat housing is from a 1981. I don't know the history of the car so not sure if the motor has been changed and they pulled it from an earlier car. Well lets say until the new housing shows up I believe the tstat housing is from a 1981 because by picture that is the only one that matches what is on my car. Sucks having to put money into a motor that's getting pulled in a couple of months, just has to get me by till summer. Radiator and tstat housing were both leaking so its getting a cooling system overhaul. Don't think anything has ever been changed by prior owner. New hoses, tstat and housing, heater hoses, heater control valve and radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor