Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
Thanks again for all the responses. I did some additional research, reviewed a bunch of stuff on third gen and spoke to a mechanic buddy. Looks like the 80's and 90's TPI are good systems but not for a beginner with minimal support. Looks like tuning these systems can be difficult.

I think the new modern EFI systems with self learning are more my speed.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
What is your wife's Camaro?

Aka the COVID Camaro.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

Aka the COVID Camaro.

Terminator X is truly a weekend install and running in 20 minutes. Then an 1hour of driving to put a tune on. If you keep the 700 trans, then speedo functionality continues as well. But if I know you, then you'll have a Holley 12" dash velcro'd in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Finding someone who knows/tunes TPI isn’t easy as eloquently suggested above. I found someone in my area(region?) that knew his stuff and was into it enough, or had enough knowledge from when he was, to tune mine. A street tune then dyno tune, was well worth it and wish I did it years earlier. Not night and day but noticeable enough. As stated thirdgen.org is probably the most beneficial forum for TPI info.

The only thing unique about tuning a TPI is the software navigation and the hardware involved. The theory is the same as tuning an LS or a Hellcat or whatever.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor