Question on Engine Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello evry one. its been some time but im back at it again. Being a soccer dad had been sucking up all my wrench time. but anyways here it goes.
after a great deal of measureing here is where my stock motoer mount pads ended up. i reversed side and also flipped them backwards. i had to redrill 4 holes.

Attachments

• pad mount.jpg
    pad mount.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Rside mount.jpg
    Rside mount.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,301
  • lside mount.jpg
    lside mount.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,284
i also used the factory 5.3 oil pan. i found a local guy who trimmed 2.5 inches out of the bottem. here is how it looks in the car.

Attachments

• oilpanleftside.jpg
    oilpanleftside.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,297
  • rsideoilpan.jpg
    rsideoilpan.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,298
at this point im kind of stuck on what headers to go with and not break the bank. if anyone has any suggestions PLEASE let me know. the drivers side looks to have plenty of room but the passenger side looks to be pretty tight becouse of the AC/and Heater items.

Just a quick update. I got the headers and threw them in. The headers are Pacesetter for a 98-02 camaro. i'm hoping to finsh up some of the wiring and accesories this week. If all goes well maybe this thing might come alive this weekend. 😀
here are some pics.

Attachments

• headers1.jpg
    headers1.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 1,262
  • headers2.jpg
    headers2.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,231
79loserbluebu said:
Looks awesome! How did those F-body Pacesetters work out?

x2. Any mods needed to be done to them? They are long tubes right?

Also, are those the coated ones or the regular ones just painted silver? Texas Speed has those painted headers for $269, and an addition $40 will get you the O2 sensor extension harnesses. The coated ones are $100 more. Still beats paying over $700 for a set of headers.

For the most part the headers worked very well. They are the long tube headers. i did have to show them some love :twisted: to get them perfectly in. They are the pacesetter off raod long tube headers. I got these from Jegs. these were just the cheaper black set. i took a wire wheel and pealed the black off and repainted them with high temp VHT silver rattle can. if anyone needs a pics let me know.

Now on to the pullys....

Yeah if you could show some pics that'd be great. Pictures tell a thousand words. What was wrong with the pulleys? Looks like you used a stock LS1 accessory drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor