Question on Engine Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

And my favorite

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

VERY NICE blue. Absoluly fantastic!! 😀

Damn. I've always wondered how your car turned out.

That thing is fast. What did the motor specs end up being?

Engine is a stock bottom end 6.0 LQ4, Katech rod bolts were the only thing changed.
GM Muscle car oil pan
TR224 cam 224/224 .561/.561 112LSA
Precision Race Components CNC 243 cast Z06 heads
Compression right around 10.5:1
378rwhp,361tq

Already thinking about ways to up the engine a little bit. I sent all my entire build specs to a well known LS engine family builder and he suggested a pretty good cam grind if I want to step it up a couple notches. If I was going to do that I would probably pull the heads and see about running a thinner head gasket to bump the compression a little more as well. Just not sure at this point but the car is a blast. So glad I did the swap the money I spent was WELL worth it.

That thing looks like it hauls *ss for that relatively "mild" cam.

Lookin through your build, those heads look beautiful. Never heard of PRC before but if/when I do an LS engine swap I will definitely look into them

Amazing what a stock LS series bottom end can do. If I didn't already have a forged bottom end ready and didn't constantly take the motor in and out of my car I would probably find myself pricing an LS series build.

Again, good lookin Malibu you got there to be sure. I'd say it probably moves out a little nicer than a new Camaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor