Question on Engine Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a pic of the Right side header the got the most of my attention. (The driver side basically went right in)

Attachments

• r side header love.jpg
    r side header love.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 1,555
Here is what i have for the pully system. This is all the original set up that was on the 5.3. i did modify the stock alt bracket (i cut it down) and added a pully. At this point im working on whether or not i can get a belt tensioner in ther some how. I was kind of thinking of getting the belt tension Any suggestions please let me know.

Attachments

• Pully drive.jpg
    Pully drive.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 1,519
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 1,519
Why is the alternator on the passenger side? I see you modified the truck water pump by taking out the neck and relocating it and welding up the old hole. I think the truck accessories even fit under a stock G-body hood though if I'm not mistaken.

That's all I can help with though, I'm using F-body accessories with the Kwik Perf brackets, and a Katech billet locking tensioner.

Just a quick pic update. i just ordered a Granatelli MAF. i cant wait to get it in. I do have some minor nick nacks to get buttoned up but no big deal. i'm hoping to have this thing fired up nest weekend.....

Bluebu. i took at look at the KWIK web site a got some ideas for may alt. its still a little rough but at least i can get my acc back in order and alo get a belt tensioner back in there.

Attachments

• photo[5].jpg
    photo[5].jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 1,441
  • photo[4].jpg
    photo[4].jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 1,448
Ah ok. I'm just ditching the A/C for when I do the swap to lessen the things to do list. Maybe down the road it'll get put back on.

My swap is baically complete. i have been driving my car now for 2 days. i'm keeping a very close eye on fluids just to make sure i did not overlook anything. i will say this a ALOT more fun then i was hoping for. i will post some pics shortly.

Conan-64 said:
Just a quick pic update. i just ordered a Granatelli MAF. i cant wait to get it in. I do have some minor nick nacks to get buttoned up but no big deal. i'm hoping to have this thing fired up nest weekend.....

Bluebu. i took at look at the KWIK web site a got some ideas for may alt. its still a little rough but at least i can get my acc back in order and alo get a belt tensioner back in there.
wow thats a little bit of work but looks soo cool thanks im thinking still still might go with tpi seems a little more simple LOL :lol:

Conan-64 said:
Hello evry one. its been some time but im back at it again. Being a soccer dad had been sucking up all my wrench time. but anyways here it goes.
after a great deal of measureing here is where my stock motoer mount pads ended up. i reversed side and also flipped them backwards. i had to redrill 4 holes.

hey i was wondering how did u get to the backside of the mounts to take them off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor