questions about g-bodies and their frame structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

okegs4ever

n00b
Jul 10, 2008
does anybody know if all g-bodys use the same frame?

i have a bolt-on lambo door kit for a MC, which i know will fit fine on an el-camino, i think it will also bolt-on to other g-bodys but i am not sure. if anyone knows more, let me know.

i know the kit for a cutlass fit for a regal, but im thinking all of them have the same frame and will use same kit. the company im dealin with dont know if it will work.

okegs4ever said:

i have a bolt-on lambo door kit for a MC, which i know will fit fine on an el-camino, i think it will also bolt-on to other g-bodys but i am not sure. if anyone knows more, let me know.

i know the kit for a cutlass fit for a regal, but im thinking all of them have the same frame and will use same kit. the company im dealin with dont know if it will work.

The El-Camino and maybe the Nova has the shorter wheel base. All others have identical frames.

HFX said:
The El-Camino and maybe the Nova has the shorter wheel base. All others have identical frames.

The Nova is not a g body, and is completely different.

All g body frames are the same wheelbase, same everything, with one exception... El Caminos and all station wagons have a slightly different section behind the left rear tire for clearing the gas filler tube. Those are the only two with a side filler, instead of the filler behind the license plate like all the others.

Blake442 said:
HFX said:

The Nova is not a g body, and is completely different.

All g body frames are the same wheelbase, same everything, with one exception... El Caminos and all station wagons have a slightly different section behind the left rear tire for clearing the gas filler tube. Those are the only two with a side filler, instead of the filler behind the license plate like all the others.

Sorry was thinking Malibu.

okegs4ever said:

I think it would fit, but I would not waste my money on the pretty much played out door conversion. It was cool 5 years ago when it was original, but now it's a silly "me too" modification, just like neon lights under the car.

El Camino wheelbase is like 9" longer IIRC. That shouldn't affect what you're after, though.

I'm wondering how the hell you get the windows to seal up *at all* with this kit on? Since its not the "aircraft style" door/window setup, I'd think this'd be a royal PITA. Plus there'd have to be some strange mechanical way to get the door to go in at the last minute so the glass clears the a-pillar and roof without tagging it.

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
okegs4ever said:

I think it would fit, but I would not waste my money on the pretty much played out door conversion. It was cool 5 years ago when it was original, but now it's a silly "me too" modification, just like neon lights under the car.

i tend to see it to much too. It also doesn't open like real lambo doors. Suicide doors are always awesome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor