Quick performance 9" question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Do the 9" so I can watch. It'll be my next major Cutlass purchase.
There’s plenty of past threads on here of 9s being installed. I did my install last December and with the brackets I copied from a thread on here got my disc brake E-brake to work.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
The 9" is a great upgrade for these cars. Most of the aftermarket guys building these get the brackets as close as the factory did. Paying attention to instant center is the critical to getting extra performance out of the chassis, even for a daily driver.
On a side note, one of our shop cars ('78 Malibu) was built in early to mid 90's. Flat top 355, 350 turbo, hard hitting shift kit, rear lift bars, aftermarket posi and 3.73 on drag radials. Car has been unchanged since the build with exception of tires. Rearend holding up fine.
On another side note, I blew up 5 stock 7.5" in 1 week just to prove a point , lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Thanks for everyones ideas and opinions. Before i jump in ording im going to stop and think about a few options first.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor