MALIBU Quite possibly the world's ugliest 79 Malibu...and it's FOR SALE!

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK

362277942_7105707136125456_7930577643125025894_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
my dad used to say there's an *ss for every seat out there..:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
‘To each his own’

That’s 1000 times better than an EV

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I'm not a yellow guy but I don't think its that bad, interesting to see the CTS V2 dash and center console

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
It dont bother me much, given its got a style tied to a specific car scene. But what kills me is the mirror swap. Did the work to do it but didnt use the right bases or shim it and the mirrors are at the wrong angle and sag. All the time and effort into this car and they cut that corner. Doesnt make sense to me.

I am curious about the 2.0 swap the ad mentions. I'd think these cars are way too heavy to make that worthwhile, even with a turbo. But GM is putting 4cyl turbo'd engines in the new trucks so who knows.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Not my style, but I honestly appreciate all Gbodies, especially out on the roads. I appreciate the time and money the owner put into it, even if I wouldn't.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
There is Felix-themed wagon happening on the Forum. Here, I thought that was a unique thing.

I'll point out that the top works and door glass appears to fit. I can appreciate that this was not a sawzall/blue-tarp-in-the-trunk level project.

Might be savable if the doors still close...

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
It dont bother me much, given its got a style tied to a specific car scene. But what kills me is the mirror swap. Did the work to do it but didnt use the right bases or shim it and the mirrors are at the wrong angle and sag. All the time and effort into this car and they cut that corner. Doesnt make sense to me.

I am curious about the 2.0 swap the ad mentions. I'd think these cars are way too heavy to make that worthwhile, even with a turbo. But GM is putting 4cyl turbo'd engines in the new trucks so who knows.

Low riders are not really built for speed but to hop around. So a lighter weight powertrain is more important to them than a high power one, not that turbo I4s are weak. Most G body low riders I seen just use base n/a V6 engines.

Hopefully they reinforced the body to compensate for the missing roof structure. You probably don't want to push a lot of torque through a hard top converted to convertable car.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Low riders are not really built for speed but to hop around. So a lighter weight powertrain is more important to them than a high power one, not that turbo I4s are weak. Most G body low riders I seen just use base n/a V6 engines.

Hopefully they reinforced the body to compensate for the missing roof structure. You probably don't want to push a lot of torque through a hard top converted to convertable car.

I saw a local G body that was modded to bounce. None of them use non-reinforced frames, they can't. The weakness that the convertible adds is the least of their structural concerns it seems to me after seeing dude's car. He added A LOT of structure, more than you would just for handling on a more sport oriented g body.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor