Quote update* I broke my car some more , is this fixable or do I need new metal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
**** it
cant make it worse
put your hand up there and pop that b*tch out
Well, I disagree with that approach. If you're going to pay someone to fix it best leave it alone.

Right now there's one set of stress/crumple ridges. Means you they're only trying to pull/push the one direction.

If you try popping it out partly yourself you can add new ridges to be worked around that they need to use heat/shrinking hammer to get back down, so on so forth.

Leave it as is and let them have a clean pdr surface and clean lines to weld studs to to pull things out if need be.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
They should be able to make the big push completely disappear and definitely minimize the creases by the wheel arch. It won't be perfect but at least you won't need new paint, which will stick out like a sore thumb because it's never a perfect match.

My nephew's Mustang before and after PDR...
20191108_121301.jpg
IMG_0743.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Well went and saw a couple body shops today
The guy I liked the best wanted 1200 plus tax to fix the panel but he said he couldn’t colour match
So we talked a bit and well ,my car goes in for a full repaint oct 3
8500 plus tax plus any rot repair that can’t be seen today is extra
Catch is , that price has me buying window felts and wheel house trim
I have my suspension budget at the ready so it’s getting mugged for paint now lol
I’ll have to scramble to get the rest
Painter says he’ll need the car one month , two months on outside so I guess I got a little time
If I drank more beer I’d have more empties to cash in …

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The guy I liked the best wanted 1200 plus tax to fix the panel but he said he couldn’t colour match
I have my suspension budget at the ready so it’s getting mugged for paint now lol
Painter says he’ll need the car one month , two months on outside so I guess I got a little time
He should be able to have the paint rep for the brand he uses to get a color match. I know PPG has a formula to match your color (& I should have that code in my color chip catalog) so worst case would be panel blending so it'll look like a good match.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
He should be able to have the paint rep for the brand he uses to get a color match. I know PPG has a formula to match your color (& I should have that code in my color chip catalog) so worst case would be panel blending so it'll look like a good match.
My paint is actually more faded than the photos show , clear coat is oxidizing in places .
I was an easy sell as I was planning for a paint job ,just wasn’t planning to do it this year

Reactions: 1 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
$8500 wow that must be a very high quality custom paint job. I guess it depends where you live.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
I’ve used a prd guy here in Washington State and I have to say, he was an artist. Had a crunched up wheel well on our suv and right on two lines and you cannot tell it was ever damaged. Just amazing.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor