Radiator electric fan combos??

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Dual Electric Fans are less than $40 at a Picknpull. If you are worried about the longevity of a Junkyard fan, get the $8, 2 year extended warranty.

Intrepid/300M fans work pretty good with most G-body applications, except maybe a big block with a long water pump. You will have to build your own brackets, however.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Intrepid/300M fans work pretty good with most G-body applications, except maybe a big block with a long water pump. You will have to build your own brackets, however.
It clears with my BBC and my long water pump is mounted with studs, it's tight but I can slide it off with the fans in place.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Chrysler LHS cars have some serious fans in them as well. The newer ones are lower profile as I have seen a few older models with a couple inches of motor hanging out.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Yes, it's worth it.
My stock setup always overheated in the summer when in traffic. Replace the radiator with the stock type 3 times over the years. Also tried a few electric fan setups and nothing changed.
So for my 4th radiator in this car, I went with a Champion from Ledfoot. I bought their dual fan shroud from them too but I bought my Spal fans separately. I also used a Dakota PAC-2750 fan controller and set it up using a 2-speed system with 3 relays. Runs the fans in series for low speed and parallel for high speed.

Runs cool now in all extreme conditions.

Reactions: 1 users

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Combination of (UNGN), 300M fans, (fleming442), 3rd GEN Camaro/4th GEN rad. The 300M fans fit perfectly between the tanks. Putting this combo in my 85SS. If needed may step up to a Champion 3rd GEN rad. Also going to run a Volvo fan controller for easier wiring. (2 speed)

79longroof

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2018
F-body fans fit factory g body radiators perfect. You can get them brand new from RockAuto for like $95. If can get them from a PickNPull, they're even cheaper.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Combination of (UNGN), 300M fans, (fleming442), 3rd GEN Camaro/4th GEN rad. The 300M fans fit perfectly between the tanks. Putting this combo in my 85SS. If needed may step up to a Champion 3rd GEN rad. Also going to run a Volvo fan controller for easier wiring. (2 speed)
Not to nitpick, but mine is 4th gen F fans with a G radiator......

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor