Rarest Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Also the Buick Regal factory trunk kit. For those who may wonder what this was, its simply the extra panels on the sides in the trunk to hide the spare and each quarter panel. I have only seen this once in person, and its on my personal 1982 Sport Coupe. This option shouldn't have been an option per say, but installed on every G body! Keeps things from smacking the inner quarter panels.

Reactions: 1 user

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
I am a mainly regal guy with some cutlass stuff, I have been building, buying, selling, parting them out and collecting parts for almost 25 years. The rarest option that I have seen is regal rear quarter chrome panels, I just sold the only set I have ever got my hands on for 450 bucks adn really did not want to sell them. They are nearly impossible to find even 20 years ago. Second rarest item which I also have in storage is digital climate control, some turbo buicks got them but I have only seen a couple of stock regals with it and oddly enough mine came out of a regular but loaded cutlass which is the only cutlass I ever found with it. The opera lights on a regal, I have many of them but it is rare to find a set that still actually work. Cornering lights on the regals were rare but more common than these other parts, I have several sets of lights, a good pair of fenders to match and a front wiring harness for them. I did mess up and tossed or sold the column that went to those and there is apparently a sensor on the column. I have those stashed for a future project. Passenger side power seats were a hard one but I owned a limited that had it along with the reclining mechanism which may be even harder to find, I have only seen a couple others. I have no clue what the term is but I have found sets of door panels that have a set of white and red lights in the back lower corner like the rivieras had, I have a set of those in storage. They turned on when the door opened , I suppose so people could see that you have a open door in the dark? Lighted passenger side regal limited dash plaques. Those came 2 ways, with 2 light bulbs or with the same setup that the opera lights came with that had the 110 volt transformer, I can't think of the technical term off of the top of my head. There were regal limited seats with the non shifter console, seen those in both velour and leather, I have had multiple sets of those and had some that I swapped into my first car that was a 78 regal. drivers side lighted vanity mirrors are hard to find and passenger side remote mirrors are hard to find. Astro roof regals are hard to find and a non turbo T top regal is more rare than you would think but they are out there, I seek out T top and astro roof cars, those are the ones I keep for myself if they are worth a crap.

• Informative
Reactions: 5 users

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
Rear C pillar interior map lights on Regal Limiteds
Twilight Sentinel option on the Regals

Do you happen to have a picture of the map lights? they are not the same as the T top lights are they? The twilight is for sure a rare one

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Also the Buick Regal factory trunk kit. For those who may wonder what this was, its simply the extra panels on the sides in the trunk to hide the spare and each quarter panel. I have only seen this once in person, and its on my personal 1982 Sport Coupe. This option shouldn't have been an option per say, but installed on every G body! Keeps things from smacking the inner quarter panels.
Found a set in the yard got it all for 15 bucks that fall for school in auto body class we were doing some welding on the inner wheel well and caught it on fire never found another one or seen one since and this was 1998

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
I am a mainly regal guy with some cutlass stuff, I have been building, buying, selling, parting them out and collecting parts for almost 25 years. The rarest option that I have seen is regal rear quarter chrome panels, I just sold the only set I have ever got my hands on for 450 bucks adn really did not want to sell them. They are nearly impossible to find even 20 years ago. Second rarest item which I also have in storage is digital climate control, some turbo buicks got them but I have only seen a couple of stock regals with it and oddly enough mine came out of a regular but loaded cutlass which is the only cutlass I ever found with it. The opera lights on a regal, I have many of them but it is rare to find a set that still actually work. Cornering lights on the regals were rare but more common than these other parts, I have several sets of lights, a good pair of fenders to match and a front wiring harness for them. I did mess up and tossed or sold the column that went to those and there is apparently a sensor on the column. I have those stashed for a future project. Passenger side power seats were a hard one but I owned a limited that had it along with the reclining mechanism which may be even harder to find, I have only seen a couple others. I have no clue what the term is but I have found sets of door panels that have a set of white and red lights in the back lower corner like the rivieras had, I have a set of those in storage. They turned on when the door opened , I suppose so people could see that you have a open door in the dark? Lighted passenger side regal limited dash plaques. Those came 2 ways, with 2 light bulbs or with the same setup that the opera lights came with that had the 110 volt transformer, I can't think of the technical term off of the top of my head. There were regal limited seats with the non shifter console, seen those in both velour and leather, I have had multiple sets of those and had some that I swapped into my first car that was a 78 regal. drivers side lighted vanity mirrors are hard to find and passenger side remote mirrors are hard to find. Astro roof regals are hard to find and a non turbo T top regal is more rare than you would think but they are out there, I seek out T top and astro roof cars, those are the ones I keep for myself if they are worth a crap.

I do remember seeing engineering illustration of opera lights in the books i have. I will look when I get home.
1582816360119_20190218_133411.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Do you happen to have a picture of the map lights? they are not the same as the T top lights are they? The twilight is for sure a rare one
I don't have a picture but I have seen the guys on www.turbobuick.com talk about them and post pictures. They are not the same as the round dome lights on the t top cars.
The digital climate control was used on 84-86 model Regals AND the 84-85 Riviera. The Riviera and Regal shared some dash items. The instrument cluster on the 84-87 Regals was used on the Riviera first. It should be noted that the 84 and 85 Riviera T Type with the turbo engine also used the same digital tach and boost gauge as the 84-87 Turbo Regals.
You are right about the chrome (actually stainless) lower trim on the Regal Limiteds, that stuff is really hard to find!

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I don't have a picture but I have seen the guys on www.turbobuick.com talk about them and post pictures. They are not the same as the round dome lights on the t top cars.
The digital climate control was used on 84-86 model Regals AND the 84-85 Riviera. The Riviera and Regal shared some dash items. The instrument cluster on the 84-87 Regals was used on the Riviera first. It should be noted that the 84 and 85 Riviera T Type with the turbo engine also used the same digital tach and boost gauge as the 84-87 Turbo Regals.
You are right about the chrome (actually stainless) lower trim on the Regal Limiteds, that stuff is really hard to find!
Im trying to go by memory here on the chrome extensions for the front fender and rear quarter, but I believe that was a 1981 ONLY deal.....and the 1981 I owned years AND YEARS ago, everything on the bottom was stainless EXCEPT these two pieces. They were some sort of rubberized material with chrome overlay.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Im trying to go by memory here on the chrome extensions for the front fender and rear quarter, but I believe that was a 1981 ONLY deal.....and the 1981 I owned years AND YEARS ago, everything on the bottom was stainless EXCEPT these two pieces. They were some sort of rubberized material with chrome overlay.
picture for visual

1582819965613.png

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor