RAWDOGG - 84 Grand Prix "Pro Touring" Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Re: Surprise - A glimpse of what I've been upto!

NItto 315s will look awesome on this car. Do you think you can fit those with just a frame notch? I know its a street car not a drag car but I figure you will have to venture out to ye ole test n tune / street car night and at least find out where she is at. MPH would be more interesting to me than the et.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

I fit the current 295s in there with no problem without any frame notching. All I did was graft in some camaro fender lips which are a bit wider and allow for the extra room. I still have 3/4 of an inch of room to play, hence I think the 315s might just fit right in.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS

No lies I just looked at the pictures on the first page of the thread but I really like what you did with the hood on this car. Very well done, keep us updated on progress

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

Better Pictures + Update August 29, 2010:

Found oil leak from below the front part of the engine. My mechanic sprayed it clean and had to put dye in the oil to try and detect where it was coming from. Turns out it's from the crank seal. It leaks after a drive, when parked. Not a LOT, just a small leak. Still driveable though. So I took it out for a real drive for the first time. Very enjoyable, finally.

normal_0P1070271.JPG

normal_0P1070268.JPG

normal_0P1070254.JPG

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ

Must feel good to finally get it on the road............... just in time to put it away !!!

The last week of the Queensway / 427 Car show is this saturday, trying to see if I can get work cleared up in time saturday and down to the show myself. Maybe see you there ! Mine will be the dirty white Monte :)

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

axisg said:
Must feel good to finally get it on the road............... just in time to put it away !!!

The last week of the Queensway / 427 Car show is this saturday, trying to see if I can get work cleared up in time saturday and down to the show myself. Maybe see you there ! Mine will be the dirty white Monte :)
Yeah, no kidding. It's supposed to be 12 deg. celcius on Saturday and cloudy... that's COLD to me. But I found my brand new fuel pump seems to cut out at random. Normal, 50psi. While driving, sometimes it starts to dip down to 45 psi, and lower. It went down to 20 psi which of course caused me to stall out. Yesterday afternoon I had to park it (roadside), and it was 1/2 hour before it ran proper again to make it home. She's still being a b*tch man. We'll see...

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

454muscle said:
Behold the RAWDOGG cometh... here is just a glimpse:

normal_IMG_0562%5B1%5D.JPG

normal_IMG_0563%5B1%5D.JPG

normal_IMG_0566%5B1%5D.JPG

normal_IMG_0568%5B1%5D.JPG

EDIT June 5, 2010 -- some more glimpses:

normal_IMG_0578.JPG

normal_IMG_0574.JPG

normal_IMG_0581.JPG

^^^ Spoiler is off in this pic.

normal_IMG_0580.JPG

^^^ This is how she sits fully lowered.

normal_IMG_0577.JPG

^^^ Notice the outer dew sweeps, which were powdercoated gloss black by a friend of mine for free!

normal_IMG_0583~0.JPG

^^^ The rear black lip installed.

normal_IMG_0576.JPG

"OBJECTS IN MIRROR APPEAR TO BE MUSTANGS."

*Edit* June 17, 2010: I finally got the rear tail light bezels and license plate bezel redone in high gloss black, and also the powdercoated vinyl top trim as well -- so they all went in and now the car looks like a car now. I'm working on the center console now and the hood will be on soon, but here's a couple more shots from the back, and a video!!!!

normal_IMG_0593.jpg

normal_IMG_0595.jpg

normal_IMG_0596.jpg

normal_IMG_0598.jpg

normal_IMG_0600.jpg

Short Walkaround Video:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZFZwsTWaj8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZFZwsTWaj8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFZwsTWaj8

EDIT: June 28, 2010:

Hood went on today. The latch is not on yet, so it's sitting loose. Still, I couldn't resist taking some shots:

normal_IMG_0613.jpg

normal_IMG_0610.jpg

normal_IMG_0618.jpg

normal_IMG_0619.jpg

normal_IMG_0628.jpg

normal_IMG_0631.jpg

Edit: July 6th, 2010:

Hood
Hood is finally done and on the car. Closed the hood for test fitting and found out that no hood release cable was ever connected. WTF. I spent 4 hours under the car unbolting the hood latch to get it open. Spent all day yesterday hooking up a custom hood release cable which will be mounted under the dash in a custom location.

So I have a hidden trunk release and also a hidden hood release, meanwhile the stock releases are still in their stock locations, just non-functional (security measure).

Engine
A week ago I seafoamed the gas tank to clean out the injectors because the new crate motor hesitates, ran it for 45 minutes and it just died. Found out today that the distributor is faulty. Since this engine has a "2 year unlimited mile warrantee", we contacted Edelbrock and were told that the part needed to fix this is on 3 months backorder. As far as I'm concerned, I'm NOT waiting another 3 months to get the car on the road. They have this distributor in stock and STILL won't ship me a new one. Get this -- they won't even allow me to get my own distributor to work on this engine -- they are telling me that I have to wait for these 3 months backordered parts. Edelbrock and Pat Musi for service. I'll be talking to them again tomorrow to see what kind of service I get -- and I'll post the results.

Finally, a "big picture" shot
Mean while, here's what she looks like coming off the flatbed that I had to TOW THE DAMNED CAR with:

normal_IMG_0652.JPG

September 10, 2010 Update (Pics and vids):

normal_P1060354.JPG

normal_P1060353.JPG

normal_P1060352.JPG

normal_P1060351.JPG

normal_P1060349.JPG

normal_P1060341.JPG

normal_P1060342.JPG

normal_P1060344.JPG

normal_P1060337.JPG

normal_P1060338.JPG

[youtube]0snLyC1p2kE[/youtube]
[youtube]ee4jSFLjjWA[/youtube]
[youtube]IMUm-az3jFg[/youtube]

Better Pictures + Update August 29, 2010:

Found oil leak from below the front part of the engine. My mechanic sprayed it clean and had to put dye in the oil to try and detect where it was coming from. Turns out it's from the crank seal. It leaks after a drive, when parked. Not a LOT, just a small leak. Still driveable though. So I took it out for a real drive for the first time. Very enjoyable, finally.

normal_0P1070271.JPG

normal_0P1070268.JPG

normal_0P1070254.JPG

Nice freaking car, i love the way it looks, man u got some airplan interior with all those guages lol ,
Dude the only thing i change is the the muffler tips are sticking out tooo much,, just push back in a lil, and u got ur self a bad *ss looking ride

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

Thanks bro. :mrgreen:

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada

Hey dude, nice piece of work there. Although not quite my style, I can certainly appreciate allthe work that went into your ride! Where in Ontario are you? If it's not to far, I'm near Montreal and we have a couple of great shows around here if you can make it next sumer after winter in the great white north.

My Lemans is going into storage in 2 weeks and I'm hoping to get the mechanicals ready to install by next spring (400 pontiac with a 200-r4)

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010

wow!!!respect the work ethic and to each his own, but are we still in 2010?that looks like something out of star wars or buck rodgers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor