RAWDOGG - 84 Grand Prix "Pro Touring" Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Surprise - A glimpse of what I've been upto!

Wow! That looks insane! I didn't realize the front bumper/body kit/fenders were all molded together. Very well done. Looks great. Did you fab that hood yourself?

454muscle said:
Haha well they'd hit the all-steel bumper (under that soft rubber lip) so the kit won't damage at all. However, before I go on or off any ramp, I'll be hitting the preset button #3 on my dash -- max lift on the air ride(just gotta make sure no cops are around when I do). :mrgreen:

i would like a nice air setup 😢

Excellent Job!!! That is one of best rides I have seen!! I hope you have it appraised and get the right amount of insurance on the car because it is priceless..Thats my biggest fear is having my car stolen..

IhaveNoPantsOn said:
Wow! That looks insane! I didn't realize the front bumper/body kit/fenders were all molded together. Very well done. Looks great. Did you fab that hood yourself?
Thanks 😀 Well yes and no. I didn't exactly fab the whole thing. My first GP had a "Daytona Iroc" hood scoop on it, with 2 naca ducts in front, and 4 holes each side. Looked really sick, made the whole car. I tried to do something similar here, I did get a "Daytona style" fiberglass hood scoop, which is a 2" raise. I then got the 4" cowl fiberglass hood, then I cut up the daytona scoop and added it to the fiberglass hood. Couldn't figure out what kind of holes to put in the sides... eventually I ended up using the Buick Luscern side fender vents in there. I think I achieved the effect I was going for. :mrgreen:

3XBrownCutty said:
454muscle said:
Haha well they'd hit the all-steel bumper (under that soft rubber lip) so the kit won't damage at all. However, before I go on or off any ramp, I'll be hitting the preset button #3 on my dash -- max lift on the air ride(just gotta make sure no cops are around when I do). :mrgreen:

i would like a nice air setup 😢

You know, I've seen air ride setups online for $900 USD (the bags, compressor, air tank, and controller). Not too expensive for a DIY job with minimal modifications. 😉

anakputa said:
Excellent Job!!! That is one of best rides I have seen!! I hope you have it appraised and get the right amount of insurance on the car because it is priceless..Thats my biggest fear is having my car stolen..
Thanks bro. 8) I do consider my car priceless (don't we all? Lol) and yes, it won't see the road till "agreed value" insurance is active. Actually I'm waiting on a call from my insurance comnpany with the status of my policy. In a couple of days, she'll be on the road, for the first time (crossing my fingers).

By the way, my last GP did get stolen, several years ago. Hence the reason for my post under "Stolen" on this board. See viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16536. I've given some insight and tips on security (after some years of research lol) and this time I'm being just a little more careful! :roll:

Hood
Hood is finally done and on the car. Closed the hood for test fitting and found out that no hood release cable was ever connected. WTF. I spent 4 hours under the car unbolting the hood latch to get it open. Spent all day yesterday hooking up a custom hood release cable which will be mounted under the dash in a custom location.

So I have a hidden trunk release and also a hidden hood release, meanwhile the stock releases are still in their stock locations, just non-functional (security measure).

Engine
A week ago I seafoamed the gas tank to clean out the injectors because the new crate motor hesitates, ran it for 45 minutes and it just died. Found out today that the distributor is faulty. Since this engine has a "2 year unlimited mile warrantee", we contacted Edelbrock and were told that the part needed to fix this is on 3 months backorder. As far as I'm concerned, I'm NOT waiting another 3 months to get the car on the road. They have this distributor in stock and STILL won't ship me a new one. Get this -- they won't even allow me to get my own distributor to work on this engine -- they are telling me that I have to wait for these 3 months backordered parts. Edelbrock and Pat Musi for service. I'll be talking to them again tomorrow to see what kind of service I get -- and I'll post the results.

Finally, a "big picture" shot
Mean while, here's what she looks like coming off the flatbed that I had to TOW THE DAMNED CAR with:

normal_IMG_0652.JPG

Engine Problem Update:

We did some testing per Edelbrock using an oscilliscope on the distributor and the result was no signal. They knew what the problem was -- almost like it's a known issue. Anyways, it turns out that Edelbrock has the necessary circuit board in stock, to fix the problem. There is no "quick" solution to this, ie. I can't go and buy another distributor because this one uses a "proprietary" part made by Mallory specific for this engine/EFI combo.

I have shipped the distributor back to them for repair and hopefully when it gets back to me, I can slap it on the car and freaking PUT HER ON THE ROAD finally. :evil: New ETA = end of July.

sorry to hear that man
well hopefully it all gets worked out and you get that thing on the road
but for now if that was my car just sitting there stairing at it for a while would be enough satisfaction for me
good luck

where did you get that hood from?
looks GREAAATTTTTTTTTT!

Thanks, I made the hood using:
1. a fiberglass aftermarket 4" cowl hood
2. a fiberglass daytona style iroc hood scoop
3. 2 fiberglass naca ducts

gla043-p_3.jpg

82-day-000-a.jpg

C42-0_NACA1.jpg

I had the daytona iroc hood scoop on my original GP. I wanted something similar, but better. So I cut up this scoop and applied it to the sides of the cowl hood. Then added the side vents and the "555" emblems.

normal_IMG_0610.jpg

normal_IMG_0641.JPG

that is super super well done!

how did you do the little trim around the vent area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor