Re doing interior panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow those really came out nice especially for the condition they were in ! Great job, I repainted my interior as well and just make sure on the top of the dash you don't use any glossy clear coat, or you'll have a lot of glare on your windshield while driving ( as I do... gotta take it back out and get that gloss off the top now :-( )

snowmangaggift said:
Was the arm rest the same colour as the door panel at one point?

Your panels were pretty well sun beaten and faded along with your armrest.
But the original armrest would match the door panels and whatever color the interior had.

565bbchevy said:
snowmangaggift said:
Was the arm rest the same colour as the door panel at one point?

Your panels were pretty well sun beaten and faded along with your armrest.
But the original armrest would match the door panels and whatever color the interior had.
awesome, thanks. Im doing the arm rests now, looking good so far!

Here is the handle painted with clear coat. Im happy with the look.
painteddoorpanel.jpg

Major improvement there, looking to work some of my interior over soon, gonna 2 tone it the factory ox blood (maroon) but mostly black like my soul lol.

I also use the SEM. Good cleaning with a toothbrush, bullydog adhesion promoter, the SEM paint.

Looks good BTW.

I wish I could do this but my panels are cracked all up and turn to dust when you touch them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor