Really fries my @$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

stallings.sean

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2010
windsor, OH
I feel you man,
My brother was visiting a few months ago and I showed him the car and told him all my big plans. He has an associates in auto restoration and worked as a mechanic for a few years, total gear head like me, but when I was talking to him about the car he told me he wouldnt do any of what I want to do, its in too bad of shape. He would get it running and not do anymore work on it. It sucks to have people try to bring you down but its their opinion, dont let it get you down.
My brother is the best, dont get me wrong, but like everyone is saying, its a difference of opinion.
Keep your head up man.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the "work" you put into it is an education that will last you a lifetime and save you money that you'll never be able to count...plus there's the pride of accomplishing something that you can't buy and nobody can take that away from you

jbracing

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2010
when i first got the car my dad was the enemy. he didnt want me to paint it, just get it road worthy and run it for a while. then i stubbled onto this site and saw the potential for it. now he has come around as far as painting it and wheels but not the engine and transmission swap. when i say something about it he just shakes his head and walks off. now granted it i need help he is always there (GM and mitsubishi mechanic in a dealership for 17 1/2 years over 30 years wrenching xp). but i will laugh my *ss off when i take it up to the local hangout and can blow just about any car up there out of the water, except for a few street legal drag cars that the older guys cruise around it lol. ill pick my battles wisely :lol:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My Dad never ever gave me a compliment on any of my many cars. He taught me how to work on cars so I could help him work on HIS car. Whenever he would wander by and ask why I was up to my eyeballs in greasy parts, I would just say it was all HIS fault.

jbracing

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2010
ive been a "student" to my dad ever since i could sit up by myself
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor