Rear brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyadkins

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2016
i want to convert my 84 monte ss to rear disks. Anyone have any suggestions? I would rather find a way around the kit because I like making things work that aren't supposed to. I have family that raced dirt track and they did it but idk how. Any advice would be appreciated

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
i want to convert my 84 monte ss to rear disks. Anyone have any suggestions? I would rather find a way around the kit because I like making things work that aren't supposed to. I have family that raced dirt track and they did it but idk how. Any advice would be appreciated

The first question you need to ask is what rim size are you working with. There are many options....have you googled ls Camaro rear brake swap yet? It's the best performing system using factory GM parts for the effort and money.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Camaro or Blazer disc conversion requires cutting the brake tabs off the axle ends. Ironically, once this is done and the trapezoidal bolt hole pattern is drilled, you end up with the pattern that GM used since the 1960s on 10- and 12-bolts. The Camaro and Blazer swap gets you a non-integral parking brake like a mini-drum that does not actuate the calipers themselves. Peace of mind.
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/how-to-camaro-rear-disc-brake-swap-to-g-body-axle.55480/

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor