Rear Cover Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickrocket1258

Greasemonkey
Dec 3, 2013
West Chester, PA
Ok so I have a feeling I know the answer, but I figured I'd ask anyways just to make sure. With the rear on the right which I picked up, there is no hole on the cover to fill the rear end. Is it just a simple cover change? Right now I'm not sure how much gear oil is in there.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
there is a fill plug on the right side near the axle tube on the front side. Remove the plug to check the oil level. It should be at the top of the bottom of the fill hole

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
To take out the filler plug I use an old 6" 3/8" extension, first I clean the dirt out of the plug, I put the male side of the extension in and then I take my mallet and hit the extension with a few good shots. That seats the extension and usually loosens up the plug so you can remove it. If that doesn't work a little heat will help. When I put the plug back in I butter the threads with anti seize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor