Rear cpp sway bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
these wait times are nothing new,the UMI's nice stuff.it's worth the wait.
Lol I had one.....
Resized_Resized_20200613_182353.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
Get ready for more of that. I called UMI last Friday to see if I could have someone pickup rear bars at the Carlysle, PA swap meet. I was told 4-5 weeks for everything. So I ordered and he helped me out with free freight - but 4 weeks was the time frame.

Be prepared for waiting for everything that isn't on the shelf right now. Covid, price of raw materials, etc. It's not made up - it's the deal. In a nutshell we need to think ahead for whatever we need if it's made out of aluminum or steel.
Give me free freight, ill wait. UMI sales whats good?

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Give me free freight, ill wait. UMI sales whats good?

We are doing free shipping to offset the wait times so all good there.

We have three bars.

3/4" is what I run on the green machine. It's our dedicated autocross bar. And it keep the inside rear tire planted on tight autocross courses.

1" is general purpose and good for multiple applications.

The 1-3/8" drag anti roll is just how it sounds, great for drag but a little sketchy on the street.

Hit me at [email protected] and I can help with a quote and any technical questions you may have.

Thanks for looking.

ramey

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Na the cpp one is a lil different then the umi.

The hardware fa one
Ok... Axle hardware is different. CPP's has billet looking axle attachment brackets. Is it billet or aluminum block material (can't tell from the image)? If billet, not sure that's 'better' that steel other than aesthetics since that area is basically just a pivot-point for the bar. That being said:

It attaches to the axle like UMI's/others.
It has adjustable ends like UMI's/others.
It uses link bars w/frame attachment points like UMI's/others.
It uses spherical link ends like UMI's/others (some use spherical link ends; some use poly bushed links).

What else was different?

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
Ok... Axle hardware is different. CPP's has billet looking axle attachment brackets. Is it billet or aluminum block material (can't tell from the image)? If billet, not sure that's 'better' that steel other than aesthetics since that area is basically just a pivot-point for the bar. That being said:

It attaches to the axle like UMI's/others.
It has adjustable ends like UMI's/others.
It uses link bars w/frame attachment points like UMI's/others.
It uses spherical link ends like UMI's/others (some use spherical link ends; some use poly bushed links).

What else was different?
Screenshot_20210429-103432_Chrome.jpg

What i circled, I would like to see exactly how its installed on the frame. That is all. Cpp does not provide a picture at all. Umi sway bar does.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I'd call CPP and ask them to email the instructions.
Unless you've purchased one, I doubt they would.

I know they won't sell you just a replacement part on a Panhard bar set-up (even w/proof of purchase). They want you to buy a whole new set-up. That was my last (final) experience w/them. I avoid their products where/when possible & if they do have something specific that I need, I go through an outside vendor. I didn't know they even sold g-body specific stuff (other than drop spindles).

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Unless you've purchased one, I doubt they would.

I know they won't sell you just a replacement part on a Panhard bar set-up (even w/proof of purchase). They want you to buy a whole new set-up. That was my last (final) experience w/them. I avoid their products where/when possible & if they do have something specific that I need, I go through an outside vendor.
That's when you buy the new one and return it missing the part you needed 🤓

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor