Rear Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLDS87W30

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2012
Rochester, New York
Hello, I'm a "first time long time" poster. I have been lurking here but haven't posted yet. I have a question about rear springs. I want to lower my car about 1.5 inches in the rear so it will sit better with the 2 inch drop spindles I have in the front. I would like to stick with Moog springs because they are cost effective for me. What have you guys used or suggest for me. A friend of mine uses a 5401 spring but I think that might be to soft. Thanks in advance for anything you can suggest. Bob

Attachments

• 101_5994.JPG
    101_5994.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 344

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I use the Moog 5661 spring in the rear. It's from an 83 Pontiac Pheonix and 162 lbs spring rate but if the spring is trimed the rate goes up. It has an open ended top so it can be cut with the pig tail on the bottom. I use the F body isolator which has a hole that fits the hump for the pig tail and it has a channel to seat an open ended spring. I can't suggest how much to trim it cause I have an 8.2 rear and the spring sits different on that rear than on the 7.5. I use the short AK Bilstein shocks so the rear spring doesn't fall out when I jack up the car....oh and welcome to the site.. you have a nice pair of Cutlass's sitting there..both yours?..:)

OLDS87W30

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2012
Rochester, New York
I wish.. The '68 belongs to a buddy of mine.. We took some "father and son" pics a couple of summers ago and that was the first one I found in my computer..I will try to dig up some more..Yeah, there are a bunch of things that i have to do to the car that I messed up over the years and now im trying to strighten out. In that photo it dosen't look that bad because I was running 275/60R15 dr's on 15x8 drag lites.. Now I have Rallye III's with 255/60R15.. There is a big gap that i need to fill in the wheel well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor