Rear sway bar with tubular arms

KarateCrotch

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2020
Los Angeles
I have a 85 Monte with a ‘00 cobra r 8.8 with trick chassis instant center kit tubular lowers, I’ve already got the upper shock tower brace felt a big difference but still have a good amount of roll. I want to install a sway bar but don’t know how to go about it can anyone send me in the right direction

KarateCrotch

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2020
Los Angeles
And before anyone asks why didn’t I just throw in a gm 8.5 I had the rear end laying around already and wanted that lsd with disc brakes 😂🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: 1 user

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
The easiest option is something of this nature. On mine I'm going the ARB route.
You can also do the Blazer rear bar which some here have done. I picked one up but the arms are in the way of my exhaust.

Reactions: 2 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Curious, isn't a 00 Cobra independent rear? How did a shock tower improve the feel? Was the frame moving opposite to each other under the trunk previous? I can only imagine a shock tower brace making it stronger if they tried to move to or from each other. Not picturing how this supports up or down.

Your thread title caught my attention. I had the same thoughts with my UMI lowers. Expecting a flat surface to connect to a round surface is just asking for a broken fastener.
In this case consider a Blazer sway bar which uses the axle housing instead of the control arm. I have not resolved this yet since I have a panhard bar mount taking up the space on my axle housing. Maybe it will work on yours.

Attachments

• 20230415_143758.jpg
    20230415_143758.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor