Rear window shelf removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I stripped two..so now i have to figure out how to get them out..they really are a pain in the a**

If you have a welder you weld a could of nuts to the top of the bolts. The heat from welding should help the bolts to loosen up. Just make sure you protect everything from the sparks...Or if you have access to a lift cut the heads off the bolts and thread a nut onto the exposed thread, weld the nut to the stud and remove the stud

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Maybe the OP is tool challenged like I am.
-PB Blaster should be used on the top and lower part of the faster = let it soak, the longer the better
-pound the head with a hammer to vibrate the threads
-careful use of a propane torch(an essential basic tool everyone should have) to heat the fastener, either the head or any exposed threads
>.>>>extreme caution should be used when near painted, plastic or fabric materials<<<<<
>>>a fire extinguisher has to be nearby or at least a water spray bottle and wet clean rags<<<<
-try grabbing the bolt head with vice grips, moving CW and CCW direction in very small amounts(try tapping bolt with hammer)
you work the threads loose with very small movements back and forth to create some looseness and then increase the amount
-you may need to heat again

Note_-you may be able to make the bolt head usable - bash with hammer to tighten the torx recess and tap the torx bit in to seat firmly
-try the back and forth movements but gently as not to kill the torx recess.
There are many ways to a solution - mine works for me.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Good morning from Germany,
last WE i´ve removed the lower and the upper part of the rear bench and afterwards i was able to remove the interior trim piece.
It´s only paperboard..................... :censored: So I´m now able to prepare a new one.
Many many thanks to you all guys (y)
BR
Martin

Reactions: 2 users

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Last WE I reinstalled the reworked rear window interior trim lid.
20180318_132144.jpg

This is it, how I wanted to have it.
Once again, many thanks to you all guys. (y)
BR
Martin

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor