Oct 14, 2011
Sterling Heights, MI
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

86MCLS

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2018
Bothell, WA
Here's one on my local craigslist that seems just a LITTLE high https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/82-monte-carlo/6488674693.html

I hate to break it to him but I don't think that missing the chrome trim at the bottom of the door means the body is in mint condition... Makes you wonder how & why the trim piece came off and there's probably damage from it not seen in the pic. Also makes you wonder what the other side looks like if he thought that was the "good side" to take a pic of. Which, only having 1 picture on there, makes me highly suspicious!

• Agree

86MCLS

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2018
Bothell, WA
It's Post Barrett Jackson, don't ja know?

A 7,000 Mile '87 GN sell for $42K and now ALL Turbo Buicks are now worth 50% more.

15-20 years ago top dollar on a mint condition pristine low mile GN was barely in the teens. I thought that was a ton of money then!! I should've bought one then, if I could've even afforded it then! :LOL:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
15-20 years ago top dollar on a mint condition pristine low mile GN was barely in the teens. I thought that was a ton of money then!! I should've bought one then, if I could've even afforded it then! :LOL:

I bought one as an "investment" for $12.5K and sold it a couple years ago for $22K. It was like money in the bank. My dad and I had collected Muscle cars for 40 years from every manufacture and not 1 has ever had the 1/4 mile bang for the buck of an intercooled Turbo Buick.

People Blahh Blahh Blahh about LS6's and 427's and "Underrated" gross HP numbers (I don't know how that is even possible), but nobody can show me a "classic" (non super stock) street driven muscle car that could crack the 11's with such minor mods as a TR can (and still have A/C PS PB PW, a nice ride, get 23 mpg, etc). Even when you beat a guy by 5 car lengths he still didn't believe it and looked for the hidden nitrous because it didn't compute.

I'd see the results of Barrett Jackson (before it was on TV) and couldn't believe what people were paying for pedestrian small block "muscle cars" while perfect low mile TR's were still less than $15K. I knew that couldn't last forever.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That must mean you can go the other way with a malibu. Has anyone bolted SS fenders, hood and nose onto a malibu?
Believe it or not it's been done on a Malibu and various El Caminos. Frankly, it looks like sh*t on a Malibu. I think it's out of proportion. I'm not quite sure what it entails to do the swap...
It's out of proportion on the El Camino as well.

• Agree

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Believe it or not it's been done on a Malibu and various El Caminos. Frankly, it looks like sh*t on a Malibu. I think it's out of proportion. I'm not quite sure what it entails to do the swap...

It would probably look fine on a Malibu with a Aerocoupe back window and a shortened trunk :banana:

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Looked at a non running rusted out 84 442 olds today, guy wanted $10k thought the ad said $1k. it was in bad shape. I nearly sh*t my pants when he said $10k. I thought he was joking.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

I think its an age thing.

In the 1980's, the youths: Teens, 20's and 30's thought Choo Choo Customs El Camino was WAYYYYY cooler than a regular, grandpa el camino. Cool kids at high school drove '69 Camaros or Road Runners. I daily drove a '71 SC360 to high school. We thought the SS Montes looked cool but we couldn't afford one and they were slower than the cars we had so we weren't that interested in them.

Old ladies drove Malibus. If a kid was going to do a V8 motor swap, he'd put it in a Vega, not a Malibu. 40 year olds and older were into Malibu's in the 1980's, not young people.

Ask someone under 55 years old, which El Camino they would rather have and they would say, this one:
chevrolet_el-camino_1984_wallpapers_1_b.jpg

The only issue with the Choo Choo Conversion is that it looks a little Cheap. If Chevy had done it would have been better and kids would have been more interested in them.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Looked at a non running rusted out 84 442 olds today, guy wanted $10k thought the ad said $1k. it was in bad shape. I nearly sh*t my pants when he said $10k. I thought he was joking.

Weird. Here is a LS Swapped Euro '87 442 in DFW that is Also $10K

I guess the rule of thumb for G-bodies is "$10K" regardless of condition. Though I wouldn't go "$10K" for this one, I might go $6500 and fix some of the wonkiness. I'm positive the seller has more than $10K in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor