Recent G-body Prices - WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Weird. Here is a LS Swapped Euro '87 442 in DFW that is Also $10K

I guess the rule of thumb for G-bodies is "$10K" regardless of condition. Though I wouldn't go "$10K" for this one, I might go $6500 and fix some of the wonkiness. I'm positive the seller has more than $10K in it.

Type in 442 or hurst/old in the facebook market in DFW and you will see it. Ill see if i can post a link to it.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Says its been sitting for years and does not even run.

442.png
442-1.png

86MCLS

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2018
Bothell, WA
Weird. Here is a LS Swapped Euro '87 442 in DFW that is Also $10K

I guess the rule of thumb for G-bodies is "$10K" regardless of condition. Though I wouldn't go "$10K" for this one, I might go $6500 and fix some of the wonkiness. I'm positive the seller has more than $10K in it.

Shoot, if someone came & offered me $10k for my unfinished project Monte right now, I wouldn't be able to sign over the title fast enough!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

86MCLS

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2018
Bothell, WA
Says its been sitting for years and does not even run.

View attachment 83689 View attachment 83690

50,000 miles my *ss. I'd bet hard money it's 150,000 and the seller is taking advantage of the 5 digit odometer to wrangle in a sucker. I'd insist on seeing service repair orders with mileages to document the true mileage. Being a 1 owner car I'm assuming he's the original owner and probably has some service records.

• Agree

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
50,000 miles my *ss. I'd bet hard money it's 150,000 and the seller is taking advantage of the 5 digit odometer to wrangle in a sucker. I'd insist on seeing service repair orders with mileages to document the true mileage. Being a 1 owner car I'm assuming he's the original owner and probably has some service records.

I swear on my life his ad said $1k when i went to go look at it. and when i got there he chnaged it to $10k. said he wouldnt go down a dime. What a tool.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
But but but, it's a Hurst Olds! with lightning rods, yo!

And they only made 47 in that color from that plant on that day on that shift!

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That must mean you can go the other way with a malibu. Has anyone bolted SS fenders, hood and nose onto a malibu?
I think its an age thing.

In the 1980's, the youths: Teens, 20's and 30's thought Choo Choo Customs El Camino was WAYYYYY cooler than a regular, grandpa el camino. Cool kids at high school drove '69 Camaros or Road Runners. I daily drove a '71 SC360 to high school. We thought the SS Montes looked cool but we couldn't afford one and they were slower than the cars we had so we weren't that interested in them.

Old ladies drove Malibus. If a kid was going to do a V8 motor swap, he'd put it in a Vega, not a Malibu. 40 year olds and older were into Malibu's in the 1980's, not young people.

Ask someone under 55 years old, which El Camino they would rather have and they would say, this one:
chevrolet_el-camino_1984_wallpapers_1_b.jpg

The only issue with the Choo Choo Conversion is that it looks a little Cheap. If Chevy had done it would have been better and kids would have been more interested in them.
The Choo-Choo customs El Caminos didn't look that bad. The one in the picture is a rather toned down version. I kind of like it. I've seen other Choo-Choos' with ground effects, etc. Some are actually gaudy looking.
I think you're right though. It's a generational thing.

Last edited:

Econman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2015
Knoxville, TN
that is C L E A N for 121k!
I was shocked! It still had the original donut spare and jack mounted in the trunk.

I bought it as a donor for the '82 Monte I built for my son 3 years ago (rust issues). He's pretty excited. Going to paint it '86 442 Dark Teal Blue Metallic with a dark gold along the bottom (plus the rallys) to tie in the tan interior.

He can drive it with the V6 as long as it lasts and then we'll transplant the Monte's 350/350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor