recommended springs. front and rear

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
Don't use the Wagon rear springs if you want a nice smooth ride. ONly if you have wagon, OR want your rear to sit high and not give much on quick acceleration. I put those in mine and with nothing in the trunk or passengers in back the rear end is is very high and bucks like a bronco on the highway. When I had the regular rear springs in the car had a much better air ride quality that I miss.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it all depends on you, it depends on how much performance you want compared to the original ride

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
This is helpful. http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm
You see how the stock Gbodys were 346lb rated and 420lb for the performance models. Both were soft by todays standards. Although a lot of times people blame springs when its shocks & worn out end links that have changed their ride/handling. I am a big proponent of poly end links available cheap at most autoparts stores now. And of good quality shocks such as Edelbrock ISAs or Bilsteins. After or in conjunction with that I'm a fan of the Moog 5660 or 5662. Its preference but in general any stiffer gets into harsh. fwiw Moogs are cheap but labor for an install is not.

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
I just installed eibach pro springs . very happy with them , lowered my front 1.5 and rear about.5 inches. the car handels better in corners . a firmer ride but might be harsh by someone else standards. I installed new ball joints and poly control arm bushings with kyb shocks and hotchkis front sway bar and all steering componets win I did mine so dont have a good baseline for how big of a difference the springs made handeling wise but work great in my overall setup.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you want to use the Eibach as a comparison to other springs the rate for the front Eibach is 660 lbs. The rears are a progressive spring so there is no way of measuring the spring rate

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Yea I bought the Eibachs years ago also. A little harsh to my taste. The Moog 5660s by comparison is only a little softer at 639lb and like half the money if memory serves me. But no pretty red paint.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
since you going up in spring rate in the front I would go with the highest G body spring rate for the rear ..5391

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor