Recommendation for good flasher fuses for LED bulbs

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I am in the need of flasher fuses for The Jr. Mechanic's Monte Carlo since I have all his exterior bulbs converted to LED's. All the bulbs used are from Super Bright LEDs (https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat...led-tower-bay15d-bulb/category/2/+color-Amber). I haven't decided on which brand LED for the dash indicators if I swap out the regular 194's. Just want ones that are reliable & easy to get incase of one failing. To be honest I just don't know where to start looking or the details in some function diferences from some I've glanced over.

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I forget who it was but someone here recently told me they used the frosted white "snowcap" style Sylvania bulbs for their dash rehash. I haven't upgraded a G Body cluster to LED yet, however, I converted every bulb on my truck to Sylvania LEDs and haven't had an issue in years. They're available at all the parts stores near me so I imagine finding them in a time of need should be no issue. I forget which flasher I used at the time, and don't know that it would be the same anyway. I used a different brand kit for the gauge lights in that truck, and they're soldered to the board.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I forget who it was but someone here recently told me they used the frosted white "snowcap" style Sylvania bulbs for their dash rehash. I haven't upgraded a G Body cluster to LED yet, however, I converted every bulb on my truck to Sylvania LEDs and haven't had an issue in years. They're available at all the parts stores near me so I imagine finding them in a time of need should be no issue. I forget which flasher I used at the time, and don't know that it would be the same anyway. I used a different brand kit for the gauge lights in that truck, and they're soldered to the board.
It's not the bulbs as a few used are the Sylvania's, just need a flasher that others have have used with good results, The Super Bright LED bulbs used were recommended by mclellan83 for use the light sockets used in most G Monte Carlos.

Reactions: 2 users

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
Rockauto has a Peterson #554 electronic flasher. Those are all I use anymore. They automatically adjust flash rate. There are also other brands of electronic flashers.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor