Red led's

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Lol, those were from the Sunfire. These are from the Regal. My Speedo and teach have built in LEDs so I haven't changed those yet.
Yeah, I was wondering what the first picture you posted was from.

Reactions: 1 user

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Just went to Red LED's in my 86 GP.

I was concerned that they would be too bright, and since they aren't dimmable.. But, it turns out that they're a bit on the dimmer side, which I don't particularly mind. I did get the "Cheapo Ebay $4.99 for 10 of them" ones, as I didn't want to have a ton of money sunk into it in case it didn't work out. Maybe the "SuperBright" ones at $4.99 EACH are brighter, I don't know.

My 2000 Trans Am had the same color dash, but keep in mind, that's more of an Orange than it is a Red... its also shining Through cut out areas on a black piece of plastic.... not being used as ambient lighting - lighting everything Around it.

Red LED's (at least the cheap *ss ones I got) are definitely harder to see at night.. Deal breaker? No, I kinda like them being a bit dimmer. Again, the expensive ones may be different.

-Gonz

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Thinking about doing blue to mimic the stock light blue glow coming off of the backside of the gauge face. The cheapo's might be the ticket.

Hutch

Reactions: 1 user

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
The ones I got were "10x T10 Red PC194 LED Bulb Instrument Panel Cluster Dash Light Twist Lock Socket" They show a Blue Set:

"10x Blue T10 Twist Lock Socket + Instrument Led Interior Dash Light Bulbs PC194" - $5.21 Shipped.

Dunno how many are needed for a Cutty, but I ran a couple short and had to order a second set to finish. (Console RNOD321 Light and HVAC Light)

Went to the local auto joint, figuring I would just pick a couple up... Yeah, no.. $14.99 for ONE... That was met with a laugh.

Anyway, Polarity Matters. If it doesn't work, pull it out and flip it 180 deg.. I used the stock sockets, not the ones they sent.. I could only pull my panel out about an inch until I fed the speedo cable up thru the firewall a couple inches... then I could get my hand around the back side of it to replace the bulbs pretty easily. Once I figured that out, the swap took about 10 minutes.

Let us know how it turns out! Ill see if I can get decent pics of mine tonite and post them.

-Gonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor