repairing dash cracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
I have a small crack and, i guess you could call it a medium size crack in my dash. The small one is tiny, and the medium size one is prolly 3 inches long and mabye 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide. Is there anything i could do to fix this?

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
Yea, but I don't know how good it will look since I haven't tried it. I do plan on it, though. There is some stuff call padded dash filler to fill the crack and some paint that makes a texture like on your dash. Google around for padded dash repair. There is a guy who has a nice write up on it.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
We sell a repair kit at NAPA for these dashes. I have never tried it, but it would be worth a shot.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
call m&m speed they sell parts for g bodies the number is 1888-327-0454

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
kewpie79 said:
fill it with a baking soda paste, then cover with crazy glue after it dries, then paint.

Come on now. Not sure if you are serious or not but that sounds like an awful idea and someone might actually try it and make a mess.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
You could just drive to Florida and take the perfectly good Cutlass dash I have taking up space in my laundry room for free. I really want it out of here!

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
carmangary said:
kewpie79 said:
fill it with a baking soda paste, then cover with crazy glue after it dries, then paint.

Come on now. Not sure if you are serious or not but that sounds like an awful idea and someone might actually try it and make a mess.

I wasent gonna try it without checking up on it first. However it vary well may work. Still not sure if ill do it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor