1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing front pump seal on TH350 Transmission

Discussion in 'Oldsmobile Cutlass / 442 / Hurst/Olds' started by onespeedyrc, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onespeedyrc

onespeedyrc Not-quite-so-new-guy

How much of a pain is it to replace the front seals on the a TH350 Transmission? Dropping it shouldn't be a problem, I just wonder what can of worms I'd be getting into. From the diagrams I have it looks like there is a seal behind the torque converter in the center of the pump housing, and a larger one on the pump housing. Looks like this just unbolts and slides out or is there more to it? Seems that since this car sat for 3+ years in storage, more and more leaks are cropping up. I'm going to replace the fluid and filter, any other seals or gaskets that I should look at since the trans will be out of the car? Change modulator or any other parts? Any advise is greatly appreciated!

2. Billys88SS

Billys88SS Not-quite-so-new-guy

I would do the front and rear tranny seals...as well as checking your rear main oil seal while the tranny is out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.