Researching G-body Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Clemente

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2018
This is the 78-79 style. I should note that the only thing that I have seen that differs between the 78 and the 79 is the 78's do not have a dash emblem EXCEPT the El Camino SS models. The 79's all have emblems (i.e. Malibu, Malibu Classic, Monte Carlo, El Camino, etc)
I have not seen that '78 SS dash emblem before does anyone know where we can purchase one

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Something smells. Is someone cooking
spam-classic.png
?????????

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
He probably can't tell us anything because he wants to apply for a patent like other "researchers" that have posted here.;)

Reactions: 2 users

Wink74

n00b
Nov 15, 2020
This is the 78-79 style. I should note that the only thing that I have seen that differs between the 78 and the 79 is the 78's do not have a dash emblem EXCEPT the El Camino SS models. The 79's all have emblems (i.e. Malibu, Malibu Classic, Monte Carlo, El Camino, etc)
That Dash is beautiful

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Something smells. Is someone cooking
View attachment 161770
?????????
Nope, nothing like that. He's told me whats up and I'm sworn to secrecy. Hopefully we've got him going the right direction. With any luck you'll see something one of these days and go "aha that's what it was about."

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Nope, nothing like that. He's told me whats up and I'm sworn to secrecy. Hopefully we've got him going the right direction. With any luck you'll see something one of these days and go "aha that's what it was about."
From what I've seen, it looks like a college thesis paper.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Here is a Christmas contribution regarding interchangeability of G-body radiator supports. There is a 1/2" difference in height between the 87 El Camino and Olds 442 radiator supports--the 442's is shorter. This 1/2-inch height difference is between the top surface and bottom edge where the support mounts to the frame. As a result, the fender attachment, hood latch, and front valance will sit too low.

• Informative
Reactions: 4 users

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
1980 is a one year only dash board. The molded strip across the right side does not wrap around the edge. Some also have a black or wood grained molding covering this strip. Again, it was 1980 only.
My first Legal car when I finally got a license in 1990 was a 1980 monte carlo landau Green with white buckets and center console with floor shifter 305 4 brl, th350 , I thought I was king of the road..lol

R.O.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2016
I would like to install an SS monte Carlo dash in my '79 Malibu. From what I've read here, it sounds like it should work.
I will reuse the '79 instrument pod so the wiper switch won't have to be changed to the column. I'd like to hydrofilm
the plastic SS panel, matching that to other parts in the interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor