Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Anyone have any experience with this little puppy? I'm looking to replace the radio in Old Blue Hair, since the left channel is completely out, and saw this. 1.5 DIN, supposedly does bluetooth, has additional outs for amps etc. Either green or red lighting....

Looks kinda-sorta-maybe stock. Better looking IMO than a tricked out "mix-effect lighting" 1-DIN unit box stuck in a cheap mounting plate. Kind of expensive but that's how it goes.

I've read that mounting can be an issue, but mounting aftermarket radios is always a b*tch regardless. Anyone?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TE3ZZT0/?tag=gbody-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TE3ZZT0/?tag=gbody-20

The RetroSound Newport is a direct-fit solution for gm vehicles that originally came equipped with 1.5 Din (7-inches by 3-inches) factory radios. Until now, the only way to add a modern radio with modern features to these vehicles has been to install a smaller din-sized (7-inches by 2-inches) radio -- a solution that looks clunky and out of place. The Newport solves this problem: a radio that installs seamlessly into these vehicles, looking like the original radio. This is where the similarity ends. The Newport is packed with modern features, including made-for-iPod/iPhone compatibility and built-in Bluetooth for hands-free phone calls and wireless audio streaming. Two USB ports are provided - one front and one rear - for iPod/iPhone or flash drives loaded with mp3/wma music files. Two auxiliary inputs are also provided for portable devices. The Newport a built-in 25 watts x 4 channel amplifier, and also has front and rear RCA pre-outs, plus subwoofer output, to add external amplifiers. Dual color (amber or green) illumination and back-lighting let you customize the Newport to your vehicle's interior.​

91JZeXLfpUL._SL1500_.jpg

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I just looked up 1.5 DIN on Crutchfield. I got ONE hit - this one. It fits 'vehicles of a certain age'. Audio support hose. If you go to their website, it sounds like it's pretty decent and has the modern amenities like Bluetooth. And Amazon is 30 dollars cheaper, plus free shipping.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I don't have any experience with this. But I like the connectivity options for it. If you decide not to go for this one. Have you considered the newer 1.5 din radios? I got one from a 2000 camaro with a monsoon option. Similar radios came on these cars from the 90's earlier 2000's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor