Reverting back to a bench seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Sedan/wagon fronts will physically fit, but they don't fold forward to access the area behind the seat.

They call it a A-body for some reason. but its really not.
They're A bodies because that was historically the GM intermediate designation. When the front drive replacements were introduced, the A body designator followed them, and the remaining A bodies became G bodies.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Gotcha, the folding seat issue I don't believe would be a problem.
I'm assuming installation would still be possible?

Installation would not be a problem but....You lose access to the storage compartment under the bed behind the seat! (Smugglers Compartment)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Is your Camino a factory bucket and console car? Maybe I missed something but if you have the factory console and shifter on the floor that's something you'll have to deal with as well.

Reactions: 1 user

PushrodV8

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2017
Pensacola, FL
I really don't know 100% for sure if it was a bench seat or buckets originally. The current seats are definitely aftermarket as is the entire custom built center console \ B&M shifter that I'll have to modify to make the bench seat fit.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I really don't know 100% for sure if it was a bench seat or buckets originally. The current seats are definitely aftermarket as is the entire custom built center console \ B&M shifter that I'll have to modify to make the bench seat fit.
You could always check under the carpet and see if the floor has the telltale factory brackets for shifter and console...and the inboard mounts for buckets or 60/40 seat.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'll get under the seat tomorrow to check it out.

I've looked at images online but I can't really make out how the bench seats would have mounted.
I found this thread here that talks about a bucket seat conversion -- https://gbodyforum.com/threads/installing-bucket-seats-bench-seats-are-for-lamez.23196/

Is it those 2 white metal parenthesis shaped parts next to the doors?
The two brackets nearest the doors are your standard brackets for bench or bucket seat.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
This should give you an idea of what the seat, shifter, and console mounts look like.
MVC-858S_zpscb7add45.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor