riddle me this batman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
And we have at least 6 Skylines running around here too.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know if there are any skylines around here cause they don't interest me and I have no idea what they have to do with the subject matter of this thread

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
Phoenyx said:
And we have at least 6 Skylines running around here too.

skylines are legal in canada so much more common but like not so common you see them everywhere and skylines actually have a lot to do with this topic.... especially this reply because a lot are shipped in from canada titleless

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the topic is vehicle with no title...not about vehicles that do not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards like the skyline

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
pontiacgp said:
the topic is vehicle with no title...not about vehicles that do not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards like the skyline
Skyline is a vehicle...skylines are vehicles often sold without titles... Thread is about vehicles sold without titles... :roll:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
really bill?...so how many are sold without titles?... :roll:

OK, So What Skylines Are Legal in the US?
Skyline models that are over 25 years old may be imported without having to be compliant with the NHTSA. Alternatively, Motorex imported a variety of R33 Skylines which are Federally legal and registered appropriately. Motorex-prepped R33 Skylines can fetch upwards of $50,000.Even though the R32 and R34′s that were already imported are not technically legal due to their lack of crash tests, they do have a Federal bond release issued and were imported prior to the Motorex violations coming to light. These appear to have been “grandfathered” in. Good luck finding one for sale.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
pontiacgp said:

Skyline models that are over 25 years old may be imported without having to be compliant with the NHTSA. Alternatively, Motorex imported a variety of R33 Skylines which are Federally legal and registered appropriately. Motorex-prepped R33 Skylines can fetch upwards of $50,000.Even though the R32 and R34′s that were already imported are not technically legal due to their lack of crash tests, they do have a Federal bond release issued and were imported prior to the Motorex violations coming to light. These appear to have been “grandfathered” in. Good luck finding one for sale.
Pick any number...double it....subtract 9....mutliply by 2 and theres your answer.... :rofl:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
The_Riddler_3.png

[youtube]e1dvSlvZLG8[/youtube]

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
pontiacgp said:

there are a few R 32's and 33's here in the centeral NJ area. I am not 100% sure on this but from what i have been told by the owners is that they are imported from japan to Canada or California USA. From there the cars go to a shop where they are retrofitted to meet US DOT regulations for crash tests ( idk what this consists of , probably some body reinforcement of some type) and from there they get reissued a salvage title. At least that is what i was told by the skyline owners here in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor