Riley’s 78 Monte Carlo — "Rolling the Dice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Looks like you are off to a good start.

Thanks! I’m new to older Chevrolet’s so this is definitely an adventure. Just trying to get things right after the previous owner’s modifications lol.. I believe in doing this the right way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Thanks for posting the pics and stories of your progress.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Cool project. The car looks solid. Tuned in.

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Thanks for posting the pics and stories of your progress.

No problem! Hopefully I’ll get to a point where I can help others and I also want to document my own progress so I can look back a year or so from now and see where it all started.

Cool project. The car looks solid. Tuned in.

Thanks!! I’ll definitely keep you all updated

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Got my breadbox in the mail, thanks to PBGbodyFan... excited about getting this because apparently they’re not super easy to find. I just don’t know how to attach it to the radio area but I’ll figure that out later after I fix a few places in it and paint it when I figure out what color I want to do.

0051ef27dc1e6d77814048cc0152c4e9.jpg

Also got a few security things installed today, got some black lugnuts ordered (I only have like 3 per tire now and they’re rusted) and my fumoto valve— I hate getting oil all over the place when changing it, so this makes it 1000 times easier.

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
I’ve been doing a few things here and there but at the advice of those on the forum, I decided to buy a new tank instead of trying to repair what I had...

I was able to get it in, and decided to go ahead with a new sending unit too so not to have to worry about functionality of the old unit... it’s getting strapped in later this afternoon..

Playing with some wiring on the inside.... I may be adding another small fuse panel behind the glove box to allow me to do what I want to do with the heated / massage seat (I’m getting old), rear USB charging ports, and other goodies.. my goal is to modernize things a bit and add some stuff I like from the cars I’ve owned.

068b302d508ce0f9d7e24f5e19c01a05.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Clean Monte, it's always nice to find a 78' - 80' that still has the chrome bumper strips on it, most don't make it.
I had one of those oil drain valves on my Monte long ago, it's a cool design but I felt it was restrictive since it reduces the size of the already small hole in the oil pan.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor