Rktpwrd’s Skunkworks side project

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I have always dreamed about building something like this. GOOD JOB!!!!! And a clean well lit shop to work in? Well done.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have always dreamed about building something like this. GOOD JOB!!!!! And a clean well lit shop to work in? Well done.

Thank you! Building something this big and critical load bearing is a bit outside my comfort zone, but I have to credit Mike for talking me into it. It’s been a fun and rewarding endeavour so far for sure. I will be on pins and needles the first time I go to rotate it, but if that goes well I’ll have every confidence in it afterwards.

Reactions: 7 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And you can use it for a big barbecue party celebration after the bodywork! Versatile!

200w.gif

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Any more updates on this project Donovan?

Not much as of late Jeff. Mike’s been dragging his heels on getting the last little bit done. About the only thing that has been done, is that Mike got the load bearing round sched 80 parts that everything rotates on to the B pressure welder at his work, and got that finished. 4 passes according to him, he says the metal will tear before his welds break.

That’s impressive.

He’s so close, it’s driving me crazy. I bust his chops every time I go over to his place to just knock out the rest of it. But then again, there’s no real rush for it just yet.

Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And now, having allowed as there is no real or urgent need for it, you have just jinxed yourself and will have something totally unexpected arise, probably around Easter, that just cries out for the use of your rotisserie. Murphy's Law.

Nick

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor