NW PA
Re: Road Race Regal Project***NEW KIRKEY SEAT PICS 1/25/10***

lol, you guys. :lol:

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Road Race Regal Project***March 16, 2010 Pics and Update***

Well, it was fairly warm today in Central KY, at least for February, so I decided to test fit the Kirkey seat
to see if I did my math right. Wow, it just dropped right in and bolted up on the first try. Of course, I havent installed
my steel spacers on the seat yet, nor have I painted the bracketry, that will come, because the seat will have to come out due to the
installation of the 8 point roll cage that was just ordered last night. It will be modified somewhat as well, but anywho, the cage is on its
way and the seat fits. It is a pain in the *ss to get in and out of now, even with the seat slid all the way back and the column tilted all
the way up. Heres a couple of pics of the mock up install.

Image233.jpg

Image236.jpg

Image235.jpg

Image234.jpg

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Sweet! A nice steering wheel will make that whole interior cone together nice 8)

STL84Calais

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2009
That steering wheel is the only thing that sticks out in that interior lol. Are you going to change it?

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Yes, I will be installing a quick disconnect wheel in the car. It will be hard to get in and out of with the stock tilt wheel installed, so, off she goes.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Just a quick update on the road race regal. Got the 8 point competition engineering roll cage in over the weekend. By in I mean in the house. It hasnt been installed, yet. Also got my five point harness in as well, so over the next couple of weeks I guess Ill be welding in a roll cage and a new floor that I havent done yet. Just a quick update.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Just a quick purchased parts update as of 2/20/10

8-point Competition Engineering Roll Cage
RJS 5-point harness
flat black helmet
black moulded carpet
long tube headers
steering wheel
steering wheel adapter
steering wheel center pad
and a couple of miscellaneous things Im sure I have forgotten

Looks like Ill be busy as soon as the weather breaks.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
Looks just like my interior did. I am just a few steps ahead of you, I patched the floors etc. Getting in and out of the seats can be fun. I need to get a carpet kit and the rollbar next...Looks good.

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
awesome build!

huhsnare

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Re: Road Race Regal Project***NEW KIRKEY INSTALL 2/3/10 PICS

Hey nice build! Where did you find the fender flares and louvers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor