Rockauto screw up's!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Did you ask if the package had been on a deserted island for the last five years with a guy and a soccer ball with a guys face on it?

No but somebody picked up the clutch actuator and said "maybe you can put this on you car". I told him the lift fan takes 25,000 HP to run. I think the pedal pressure might be a little high.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
My Rockauto story is be careful with the cheap prices. My 2011 pathfinder had a heater blower fan issue. So I changed the relay assembly (resistor). Failed instantly. Sent it back for a new one. Failed instantly. Took it to Nissan telling him that it can't be the relay since I had 2 fail instantly. They called me by noon and said we put a Nissan relay in and it works fine. Either they had a batch of poorly made relays or the prices are because they ARE just junk parts.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This is why I use Summit. I only use RockAuto or Amazon for things I cannot get through Summit.

UPS likes to damage or lose my stuff - but, Summit takes care of it all when it does happen because they have excellent customer service.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I never had RockAuto ship the wrong part before....until today. The parts arrived last night and I found out when the shop called and said one of the parts in the shipping box was off by one digit. The shop is being super cool about it and leaving it on the rack for the weekend and ordering the right one locally for 2x the price, delivery at 8am Monday. Cheaper than paying for the labor twice. I admit that I failed to check that the parts in the box matched the order before I dropped the car at the shop. My wife will be pissed that her car is unavailable until Monday. So it goes....

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
This is why I use Summit. I only use RockAuto or Amazon for things I cannot get through Summit.

UPS likes to damage or lose my stuff - but, Summit takes care of it all when it does happen because they have excellent customer service.

I also like that Summit gives you choices on Carrier. I'm never in a hurry, but it's normally 3 days, shipped by air to Woodbridge, which is free, then FedEx to my door.

Rockauto does not offer choice of carrier. Starts out FedEx, then switches at Boarder to Canada Post. Same lady delivers both mail and parcels.

The part that got dropped off next door was Door trim for Monty SS, which was cheaper by $30 with shipping than Mike's.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

The Summit TX warehouse is literally 7 minutes from my office, but I still have them ship stuff, because it is always so hassle free,

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
When I did all the work to my Monte last winter, all the parts came from Summit or Rockauto. If I order from Summit before 10P.M., it will be at my doorstep the next day. Never fails. This is one reason I order from them. The other is customer service. I can call them to return something and they set everything up. All I have to do is box it back up, put the label on it, and set it on the front porch. UPS picks it up and 4-5 days later, the money is back on my card.

I bought a reman AC delco alternator from Rockauto and it wasn't the best. It was on the car for about 20 minutes of run time until the bearings went out of it. I cleaned up the original one and it is still on there operating great. As for the rockauto one, it is still on my shelf. I bought it knowing I would need it but didn't install it for a couple months. No return on it. Time ran out.

Everything else I got from there was spot on though. Except I got 2 of the same magnets though!:D

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

Yep. UPS f*cked up one of my tires, summit sent me a new one.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i bought some parts to rebuild my column from rock auto and the directional/wiper switch was clearly a well used possibly returned and wrong finish item in a gm box.i called them and they made good on it without making me return the wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor