Rocket 350: I need Headers and Exhaust Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
I found the video on my phone so uploaded it and here it is. It's not much but its the only vid I have right now

This is nice. Thankyou. Sounds nice.

Like I mentioned earlier, I have a 71 olds 350 rocket. I've heard from a few people that a larger cam won't fit into the Rocket. Did you have any trouble?
Did you find out about the headers type yet?

WisconsinCutlass

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2014
This is nice. Thankyou. Sounds nice.

Like I mentioned earlier, I have a 71 olds 350 rocket. I've heard from a few people that a larger cam won't fit into the Rocket. Did you have any trouble?
Did you find out about the headers type yet?

The motor was built and in the car when I bought it so I can't tell you about any issues with install. I don't know what brand the headers are. I didn't see any markings on them when I looked. It has an H pipe with flowmaster either 40 series or super 44s. I can't remember off the top of my head. Do some research cause I thought I read somewhere that the rocket name is just that. Only a name. The edlebrock cam says it fits olds 350-403 I dont think it's year specific but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: 1 user

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
The motor was built and in the car when I bought it so I can't tell you about any issues with install. I don't know what brand the headers are. I didn't see any markings on them when I looked. It has an H pipe with flowmaster either 40 series or super 44s. I can't remember off the top of my head. Do some research cause I thought I read somewhere that the rocket name is just that. Only a name. The edlebrock cam says it fits olds 350-403 I dont think it's year specific but don't quote me on that.
Ok, thanks! I'm doing some research on it now.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Actually those cams fit from Olds 260 to 455. As long the lift is kept around .500" lift with stock springs and rocker arms, you can go big duration wise. Although matching springs are a very good idea. My current Comp dual springs should be good to .550" lift.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Yep, with stock springs and rockers, you are limited to ~.500 lift before the rocker and/or spring binds and under 5000 rpm before valve float because the 40 year old springs are too weak.

I have aftermarket valve springs and comp roller rockers that are adjustable. I have a .568 lift cam in my small block olds, and have spun it to 6k. No issues so far.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
I have long tube headers and dual exhaust with and H pipe and flow master super 44s before the rear axle and love the sound. I don't know what brand the headers are. I can check tomorrow when I get a chance. My motor is a 72 olds 350 with cam, intake, and some head work. I can see about posting a video if you'd like.

Do you have any videos of the sound of your setup?

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
I have long tube headers and dual exhaust with and H pipe and flow master super 44s before the rear axle and love the sound. I don't know what brand the headers are. I can check tomorrow when I get a chance. My motor is a 72 olds 350 with cam, intake, and some head work. I can see about posting a video if you'd like.

Do you have any videos of the sound of your setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor