roll your car???

Status
Not open for further replies.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
LOL, okay thanks. Just curious if you lived in the neighborhood.

I live out in the sticks!!!!!!!!!

81elcamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2009
illinois
i really like the blitz black, it seems more durable and it has a uv protecter in the paint. looks like thats the one! I just hung the driver door today and now i need to hang the fiberglass fenders and fiberglass hood and ill be rolling! yea you deffinatly are in the sticks 86cutlass383sr.

80Maliboo

Apprentice
Feb 26, 2010
My friend rolled black on his 72 chevelle, a strip car too. It came out OK, just ok.

Theres nothing wrong with any method you use to paint your car, it all depends on what you want to get out of it.

If you want a high dollar look from your paint job, you're looking at the wrong method.
If you want a medium dollar look from your paint job, you're looking at the wrong method.
If you want to get some color and consistancy on the car for a very spendthrift price, youre looking at the right method.

Some of the things you can expect with a roller: Inconsistant lines, fading, fisheyes (like crazy), orange peal (like crazy), and light and dark spots (due to having to press the roller harder going over edges or nooks and depositing more paint)

If you dont care too much about the way your paint JOB looks, but you do want the car to have a consistant color, go roller.

Theres nothing wrong with the process, just expect the results ahead of time and ask yourself if it's what you're aiming for.

Reactions: 1 user

81elcamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2009
illinois
thanks for the input 80maliboo. im not gunna do this anymore b/c i recieved a free spray gun so im gunna spray it satin black from summit racing. thanks guys.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
81elcamino said:
yea you deffinatly are in the sticks 86cutlass383sr.

MiddleOfNowhere, IL LOL !!!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I am actually planning to try spraying thinned Rustoleum this week. However, it will be for a screened pool enclosure and not a car. The process should be about the same though as it will let me see how well it sprays on metal. if you would like, I can post my results here. I would not roll it though. Too much work to get an acceptable finish in the end. If it sprays well, it may be worth trying that with a rented or borrowed compressor and a $10 paint gun from Harbor Freight. ( Come to think of it... I will probably do just that so I don't risk my expensive gun!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor