roof rot malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
David,
I hope you're able to make good progress over the weekend. We'll be standing by.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 2 users

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
David,
I hope you're able to make good progress over the weekend. We'll be standing by.
Going to try mr Jack. Thanks. Gotta get me some metal cutting wheels for the dremel. It seems to work better on some of the curves and fine areas. Now that we have back window out and cleaned that area some and have changed the plan some, I think we are going to remove skin from donor first. That way we can lay it on existing roof before we cut it off to get some good ideas of where we want to cut old one off. At factory seams is the plan. Suppose to heat up here this weekend and t storms. Got to find a shade tree to get under as pops shop is not climate controlled. Thanks again

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
David,
I'm sure drilling out the many spot welds will keep you busy for awhile...ya gotta start somewhere.
I think starting by removing the skin from the structure is a good plan.

Be careful working under the shade tree...especially if there's thunder and lightning. I have done a lot of work outside under a big old oak tree. Thus the name "shade tree mechanic". At least you do feel the occasional breeze blowing thru. Garages can be pretty stuffy at times...even with a fan.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
Ughhh...Haven't been able to do much work on the malibu. Mother nature doesn't want to cooperate. Thunder storms and very very hot. Work not cooperating either. Have worked late almost everyday last week. Maybe I can catch a break soon to work on her a little bit.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
David,
Don't forget we're in the heat of the summer right now. It hasn't been too pleasant working outdoors. You'll get your opportunity soon enough. It just gives you a little more time to set up your strategy. I know it can be a frustrating feeling that you're spinning your wheels.
Everything will come together...you'll see.

Have nice 4th of July holiday.

Reactions: 4 users

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
Thanks mr Jack. Yea it's high humidity season. Triple digit heat indexes. And having to fix water mains and water service lines in the middle of the hot asphalt all day is draining in that heat. I can deal with the heat pretty good usually, but the rain, which we can use at times, wish it would take a break. If it even looks like rain pop is not backing the chevelle out of shop. I will get it though. Have a great 4th yourself.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks mr Jack. Yea it's high humidity season. Triple digit heat indexes. And having to fix water mains and water service lines in the middle of the hot asphalt all day is draining in that heat. I can deal with the heat pretty good usually, but the rain, which we can use at times, wish it would take a break. If it even looks like rain pop is not backing the chevelle out of shop. I will get it though. Have a great 4th yourself.
Yeah, unfortunately it's the worst time of year to work on a car...unless you get a nice window of milder temps. The humidity is the killer and drains the energy out of you.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor