S10 Extreme Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

monteboy84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2005
Scimitar said:
Because it's the passenger side of the car...

I realize that, the upper ball joint should be behind the shock, the upper control arms are swapped. This is the passenger side suspension, but that upper belongs on the driver side.

-matt

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
monteboy84 said:
Scimitar said:
Because it's the passenger side of the car...

I realize that, the upper ball joint should be behind the shock, the upper control arms are swapped. This is the passenger side suspension, but that upper belongs on the driver side.

-matt

if he uses the correct upper control arm for the drivers side it may be a nice trick for a circle track car.....

monteboy84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2005
pontiacgp said:
if he uses the correct upper control arm for the drivers side it may be a nice trick for a circle track car.....

Haha perhaps, but the other way around. On my S10 circle tracker I run heavy positive caster on the passenger side with the driver side straight up, it pulls itself right through the corner 8)

-matt

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
monteboy84 said:
pontiacgp said:

Haha perhaps, but the other way around. On my S10 circle tracker I run heavy positive caster on the passenger side with the driver side straight up, it pulls itself right through the corner 8)

-matt

you're turning right?

monteboy84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2005
Slightly, but for the most part I'm holding the wheel straight down the front and back stretch, the caster difference makes it turn in with almost no input from me.

-matt

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what kind of racing do you do where you turn right?....the only time we turn right is when the back end is trying to catch up to the front ...lol

monteboy84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2005
D'oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were asking "You're turning, right?". For what reason, I having no idea, it's been a long day ;)

But no, I'm turning left on asphalt. Heavy positive caster on the right side and stock caster on the left. Now that you point it out it sounds strange to me, but it worked really well and it pulled to the left HARD.

-matt

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you have the set up backwards to turn left...the right side has less positive caster than the left so the right side tire will lead with the left side following which naturally turns the car left...the more stagger the tighter the corner

monteboy84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2005
You're correct sir, I do in fact have it backwards. Luckily the thing is parked now, not much going on for MN asphalt racing these days :(

On a plus note, I just purchased the brake upgrade discussed in this thread, will be installing it within the next month here.

-matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor