Sagging passenger side? Frame rail or Suspension problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitey

Greasemonkey
Dec 6, 2007
Ontario Canada
Tanev1984OldsCS said:
We've had this car since 1984, and it's very hard to find knowledgeable mechanics in Toronto,

Tanev1984OldsCS

You're kidding right ? can't find a knowledgeable mechanics in Toronto ? get real . :blam:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's hard to find knowledgeable mechanics just about anywhere. They are called technicians now and with many of them if they can't plug a car in to find out which parts they have to change they just take a wild guess and start changing whatever they think your wallet can handle.

Your best bet is to call around at restoration shops....

Tanev1984OldsCS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 26, 2010
I apologize if I offend anyone. I created an early post requesting help on the where's of good mechanic in Ontario and nobody responded. Sorry!

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Quick way to check if its the body is to measure from a rocker panel to the bottom of the frame all around the car. Should be the same measurement from one side to the other.

I know my '87 had always leaned to one side since I owned the car. Replaced rear springs, etc and didn't solve the problem.

Recently when I pulled the body off the frame, I found the frame was rusted through at the majority of the body bushings on the passenger side.

My guess is if your rear frame rails have rot, then the rest of the frame isn't much better.

And if it is the frame thats rotted out, replacing the body bushings isn't going to do you any good. You'd have to pull the body off the frame and repair the frame with large washers to fix it. But I'd venture to guess that if your frame is that far gone, then I'll bet your body bushing bolts and cage nuts aren't in much better shape which will also need to be repaired.

Hopefully it is the suspension, otherwise this could turn into a pretty big snowball effect.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Tanev1984OldsCS said:
I apologize if I offend anyone. I created an early post requesting help on the where's of good mechanic in Ontario and nobody responded. Sorry!

you don't need a mechanic...you need either a body repair shop or as I suggested a restoration shop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor